I am not sure if I did the right thing...

Stacey D.
on 9/5/05 9:41 am - Brockton, MA
I had my surgery August 16th. When I was in the hospital I felt okay, but since I have been home I found myself to be in so much pain, I have already gone thru the percocet I was sent home with, had to call the doctor for more and he gave me tylenol #3, and now I take liquid tylenol, some days I feel like death would be better than how I feel right now. I had my gall bladder out as well, and everyone I talk to says the pain is from the gall bladder but I don't know. I go for my first vist this Thursday. Just for the record I am not a sissy to pain I have had 4 c-sections and a hysterectomy and never ever took pain meds only Tylenol for the discomfort. Someone out there please please help me
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/05 10:21 am - South of Boston, MA
What kind of pain are you having? FWIW, that much pain isn't normal, that far out. Are your bowels, umm, working? Can you go potty? If you're really in pain, please call your doctor... I felt really nasty/awful in pain for a few days, but... it passed so fast. I only took meds for two days after surgery, and Liquid Tylenol for a week... I hope you feel better! Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
Stacey D.
on 9/6/05 10:15 am - Brockton, MA
Beth Thank you for your response. When I have a bowel movement it is pure liquid and I probally only go potty 2-3 a day. I'm always thirsty but it hurts so much to drink, that I just do popsicles. Thank you for your advice Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/05 11:08 pm - South of Boston, MA
((Stacey)) I hope you feel better, soon!! Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/05 11:34 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Stacy, I would call the Dr. tomorrow ASAP.. The pain is telling you something, I would'nt wait until Thurs. if it was me.. You might even go to the Emerg. Room if the pain is that bad.. Take care and keep in touch.. Joanne
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/05 9:41 pm - haverhill, MA
Call the Doc now. It may be nothing, but please do not take a chance. Good luck.
emme819
on 9/6/05 10:02 am - Worcester, MA
I agree you should call your surgeon ASAP, or go to the ER if the pain is bad. I didn't take any pain meds once they took my PCA off me in the hospital and I was fine. I also had my gallbladder out 9 years ago and missed only 2 days of work. I thought it was kind of a big nothing. So it's hard for me to see how that could be the cause of so much pain. Sounds like something is definitely not right, especially since you've had serious surgical pain before and dealt with it well. Good luck and let us know how you make out, ok? Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views