Isn't it Ironic?!

valilove214
on 9/3/05 6:51 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Hello everyone, I am really stressing lately. I have been going to a weight program for 6 months and I have had my pulmonary, sleep apnea, cardiac, and blood workups already. Plus have diabetes. I have seen psych guy (he cleared me) twice aswell as nutritionist twice. I met the surgeon who said I would be a good candidate for Lap Band. He said he only needs letter from weight management program and for the nutrionist to sign off too before submitting to my insurance. I am worried that it may take so long to get letters. I have done everything I have suppose to with strict diet and exercise 3 times a week. Supposedly I have not lost enough for the nutritionist to give the o.k. The thing is I started at 257 then went to 267 then went to 263 and last check I was 264!! I told them I was carrying water weight because it was that time of the month. They still said I hadn't lost enough for the o.k. My question is , what amount of weight is enough? I am following all directions with diet and exercise my body is just not losing it. Very frustrated and worried. Any advice? Thanks guys!
Lynn C
on 9/3/05 11:47 pm
Hi Valentina, Sorry your having trouble. Was the 6 months of Dr. supervised diet part of your ins. requirement? If so I thought that was used to prove that you can not lose weight the conventional way - which you seem to have proved. My doctor required that I lose 10 lbs before surgery - ask your doctor exactly how much weight he wants you to drop. If it seems excessive (my doctor requests 10 lbs to shrink the liver and make surgery go smoother) then talk with him about it - remind him that if losing weight was easy for you that you wouldn't be there. Good luck, Lynn 8 days till banding 299.5/280/140
valilove214
on 9/4/05 1:26 am - Glen Burnie, MD
Hi Lynn, Thanks for responding. Yes the 6 months is for insurance requirement. I have HealtNet insurance. I will follow your advice and loose another 10 lbs then they should give me a clearance. At that point there would be no reason not to since I have fullfilled every requirement. Take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views