Oh My God! I have a surgical date!!!

Nena
on 9/2/05 2:02 am - Quincy, MA
Hi everyone! This is my first posting although I've been reading the emails for a couple of months off an on. Just love the comraderie and support you show each other! I'm pretty apprehensive about the bypass now that it's coming close 9/26, but can't wait for the life change! I've been going thru the Program at St. Elizabeth's and have to say that the staff have been absolutely wonderful. The program is strict, but they are being careful and looking out for my best interest and I appreciate that. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should stock up on other than CIB's? Another question maybe someone can answer is; what if you need some sort of pain med later on down the road such as for an injury or arthritis? Will there be something that you can take? Any advise will be most welcome........................
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/2/05 2:28 am - 128 Belt, MA
Gerry, Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I found I didn't need much other than crystal light and CIB. If you use Simply Smart milk--you can buy before your surgery for the goodness dates are extended. I also found I needed large size batteries to cover the stitches. The stitches were the steristrips but the strips were tugging on my shirt--so the large size bandaids (like 2 inches by 4 inches) were a help. Talk to your doc about your meds, but for general aches or headaches you can find liquid tylenol, or junior tylenol that is either chewable or disolvable in your mouth. Some people seem to find more variety of these at Walmart. When you choose your chewable vitamin..make sure it has iron. My didn't and I hadn't realized this until a bloodtest showed me as low on iron. Best to you! Joan
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/05 11:23 am - haverhill, MA
Good luck with your surgery Gerry! You are right...it is definitely a life change. I feel that it is a change for the better though.
wendy M.
on 9/2/05 11:00 pm - randolph, ma
Gerry I am so excited for you. I am going through the candidate process at Boston Medical Center. I grew up in Quincy though All the best to you...
Lynn O.
on 9/6/05 4:56 am - Taunton, MA
Hi Gerry, First of all Congratulations! Before you know it, you will be on the losing side. Ask Michele about what you can take and what you can't take for medications. I just called her the other day about what to take for my allergies. I stocked up on sugar free pudding and creamed soups as well as water. You'll also need a pill crusher if you are on any medications right now. You'll love the care you receive at St. Elizabeth's. The doctor's nurses and all of the nurses on Seton 7 are wonderful. I love them all. Good luck~ Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views