Pat Brody shelter

jellyroll
on 8/21/05 7:00 am - NH
It was heart wrenching to give her up. THe worst part was signing the surrender papers. I lost it. The lady at the shelter felt so bad for me. Then when I saw her a month later, she had lost a lot of weight and looked awful. She had a hard time adjusting. She was the only animal most of her life and no other cats at all. The shelter had many cats. It was culture shock! I force fed her and they gave her an IV for fluids. She perked up a little after that, then she was adopted very quickly! I am sure the previous owner of your dog feels like I do. Forever grateful!! I wish there were more people who got their animals from shelters. There are lots of needy animals out there. God Bless! Chris
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/05 10:24 pm - Yakima, WA
Yeah for you and Jasmine!
jellyroll
on 8/21/05 7:01 am - NH
Thanks Toots! It is the best news I have gotton in a while. Even losing wieght doesnt compare to her finding a good home!!!
Carrie N.
on 8/22/05 8:05 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Chris, That's great! I remember telling you the Pat Brody shelter was a great place! They really have a good way of matching cats to the perfect human companion. An older cat and an elderly woman is a great fit. I know you miss your cat, but at least you know that know she has someone who will love her for the rest of her life. The cat probably means the world to that woman, and she will be spoiled rotten. I am so happy for you! Carrie
jellyroll
on 8/22/05 10:27 am - NH
Thanks Carrie. I am still just beaming from the news. I am volunteering this Sunday at the shelter. I will continue to volunteer as long as I can. They were great to me there. I cant thank them enough for helping me. I know she has a great home now. She probably gets ten times as much attention as she did here! Chris
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/05 10:34 am - Orlando, FL
Yep.. I remember your original posts.. kinda about the time I posted about having to give up my pooch too. Glad to hear your kitty's been adopted! Becky
jellyroll
on 8/24/05 7:16 pm - NH
Thanks Becky! How is your dog doing? It is so hard to give up an animal. Thats why I will never have another pet! Maybe fish.... Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views