TV Show Starved

Ronda E.
on 8/16/05 6:30 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
The media department at ObesityHelp.com is interested in finding out what our members feelings are about the new FX tv show titled Starved, which airs Thursday nights at 10 p.m. Do you take offense to the dialogue about four friends dealing with their individual eating disorders or do you find it funny? Please respond to this post telling us what you think.

Ronda Einbinder
ObesityHelp
Public Relations Manager :type:
Dave_K
on 8/16/05 7:34 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Ronda I saw "Starved" the other night. The show is brilliant in that it is both funny and sad at different times and takes a fresh look at eating disorders. No... obesity, fat jokes, and eating disorders are not funny, but TV characters can do funny things and say funny things while coping with their weight and eating issues. The show "Starved" was provocative entertainment while it did not offend me at all. If the show "Starved" helps people with eating disorders connect with themselves and get help, then its a very good thing. Similarly, it's also a good thing if people get a sympathetic glimpse into the difficult world experienced by the obese or those with eating disorders. I do have one serious concern with the show. When I was very overweight, I was jealous of thin people with the strength to successfully lose weight with bullemia or anorexia. I'm sure I'm not alone in this warped thinking. I hope the show doesn't become a Do It Yourself Guide to radical weight loss. Dave 318/195/185
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/05 9:16 pm - somewhere, MA
Bam Bam, Is that you? Jimbo AMF
Dave_K
on 8/18/05 11:08 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Jimbo!!! Good to see another beefcake brother here!!! Drop me some e-mail!! AMF Bam Bam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views