Scared...But happy

Stacey D.
on 8/9/05 12:55 pm - Brockton, MA
My name is Stacey I am new to this board, but I am not really new to WLS I have been waiting for a date for 11 long months and finally got one two weeks ago. August 16th at Boston Medical. Has anyone had there surgery there? I could use all the advice, kind words or whatever I am very nervous of the surgery itself. I am also wondering if anyone knows about the egg white powder that you put in your carnation were I can get that? Thank you in advance for all your help, Stacey
Lori M.
on 8/9/05 2:58 pm - Weymouth, MA
Stacey, I had my surgery at BMC with Dr. Hess in July (13th). It went very well. Dr. Hess was great and so were the nurses. The only advice I have is don't be nervous, the nurses really know their stuff and will keep you on track. It's very nice to have family with you too. That helps alot. You get the egg whites by ordering them. I tried to find them everywhere and ended up not getting them until I was out of the hopsital for a week. The number is in your nutrition/diet stage papers that Natalie probably gave you recently. But I have it here, it's 1800-421-3447. Just tell them you want to order the egg whites. Good luck with your surgery. Lori
joni
on 8/10/05 9:44 am - brockton, MA
hi stacey i noticed you too had the great dr hess do your surgery.is he not great ? i had my surgery just 13 days after you...how do you fell ? i see dr hess tomorrow..i thought the stay at bmc was just great,they are such a great group of people i cant say enough about them.i hope your feeling as well as i am..i live in brockton,would love to hear from you.. take care joni
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/05 8:32 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Stacey! I used the powdered egg whites. The brand name is Deb el. It comes in a can about the circumference of a coffee can....but shorter. It is very helpful because it is tasteless. It works well in the Carnation.....but also in chicken broth. I found it in the baking aisle of my grocery store. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views