OT: Help Getting to Fenway!

newmoon
on 8/7/05 11:57 pm - enfield, CT
i'm hoping someone from the boston area can answer this question...even tho it has nothing to do with WLS! i'm coming to boston on friday the 12th, to see my beloved red sox! i'm wondering if anyone can give me some good parking tips, i've been once before, i didn't drive, and it was a major nitemare, even tho we were there early. i'm hoping to park at the prudential center, can anyone tell me the exit name to get off, and or directions once i do, or does anyone have a better suggestion? i'm so sorry this is way off topic, but i figured one of you guys from boston could help me get to fenway! i'm coming from ct, and as i said, i can get to boston, just am clueless once i'm there which exits, etc. wish me luck! thanks so much for any info!
Lori M.
on 8/8/05 1:24 pm - Weymouth, MA
Patty, I go to the Sox games often. I actually park right outside the park, by gate B. Coming from CT, you would take the expressway to Sturrow drive then follow the signs to Kenmore SQ, then to Fenway exit. When you take that exit, you go to the left up the ramp and then immediately to the right. (there is some confusion because there is a sign that says "Fenway" and points you to the left, but it is taking you away from the park so don't follow that, once you take the left). You'll see most cars going the same way you are so it's not too tough. This right hand turn is the toughest part of the drive traffic wise, but you are one minute from the park - look to your right and you'll see it. At the next light you go straight but stay in the right lane, then at the Gas station, either park there if they have space or take the right after it and park in the lot on the left. A couple of hints, come 1 hour at least before the game or the lots will be full. Also when you go into this lot, ask to park in the garage because "you may leave early" even if you have no intention. Otherwise you will get blocked in. You will have to leave your keys if you park in the garage but you won't get blocked in and I've never had a problem. This lot works best if your seats are in Right field or the bleachers. If you are in left field, you will have a long walk back to your car and that may slow you up in getting out of the street in front of the lot. I usually get out in 10-15 minutes no problem. I hope you can understand my directions. Most Bostonians will tell you to take the "T" but I hate it. Oh, parking is $30 eeeeek but you won't find it much cheaper unless you park far away and take the T. To me it's worth the convenience. Lori
newmoon
on 8/8/05 11:52 pm - enfield, CT
lori, i cannot thank you enough for your reply, this is exactly what i was looking for! i posted on the national board too, and someone answered by passing along her map quest directions. normally i'd do that myself, but i've been told with the big dig, map quest is completely useless in boston. so thanks again, i'm indebted to you! let's just hope our sox can keep up the great work they've been doing!...even tho graffinino is doing a great job, i still miss markie mark!...and trot, and billy, and curt....
Lori M.
on 8/9/05 3:05 pm - Weymouth, MA
Patty, no problem. I just hope you don't get lost and curse me all the way . I miss the boys too. I have to admit, Graffiano is great and I think I'd like him to keep playing regularly. Of course if Renteria keeps dropping the ball then maybe we'll have Mark and Graffiano. Trot has been my favorite for a long time (my seats are in RF so maybe that why). I miss seeing him play too. I have found Map quest to be pretty acurate inspite of the Big dig. I'd print it up too if I were you, just as back up. It will probably tell you to come via Mass Ave, which is also possible, it just brings you to the other side of the park (Landsdown st.) which also has a parking lot that is usually available and right outside the park. The difference is the traffic to it is horrible (all the people walking from the "T" won't let cars pass. Anyway, have a great time at the game. I'll be in Michigan and not even able to watch it, so I'll be jealous. Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views