Hi everyone - made it through safely!

Carrie N.
on 8/5/05 9:27 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
I had my lap RNY Tuesday at 10:30 am and was in surgery until 5. The surgeon repaired a hernia from a c-section he found and said I had an extremely long abdomen which made it difficult, but all went well. I was chomping a the bit to go home Wednesday but ended up staying until Thursday. I took no pain meds in the hospital and none at home. I feel sore and a little uncomfortable, but better each day, and I had no problem walking up to my 4th floor apartment after a 2 hour drive home in traffic. I have noticed that my skin looks great. Has anyone else noticed this? It is so clear and smooth. I think the worst part was the barium. I puked all over myself after the first sip, but was able to suck it up and do it again. Thanks for all the support! Carrie
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 8/5/05 9:47 pm - 128 Belt, MA
HI Carrie...Congrats for a successful surgery! Welcome to the loser's club! I must say I tried to visit you at the hospital..but they couldn't find you. I wasn't sure of the spelling but the front desk girl was a trooper and tried many ways. So...truly...my best goes out to you......I only wi**** could have been in person! Joan
Carrie N.
on 8/5/05 11:34 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
Thanks Joan....That was awfully nice of you! I appreciate the thought. I think I was a pretty anxious and fidgety patient, but I was walking all around the hospital and outside a few hours post-op. It's not that I felt spectacular, but I wanted to get out quick! I only hope my apparant fast recovery in the hospital won't force me back to work sooner. Thanks again, Carrie
CelticRose
on 8/6/05 12:56 am - MA
Hello Carrie, Congrats on the success of surgery and your speedy recovery. Take care of yourself. Also remember you'll want some time at home to get used to finding out safe foods to take to work with you. Glad all is going well. Take care and if I can help at all, feel free to email. Warning: I answer all my emails. Carolyn
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/05 8:53 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Carrie, Welcome to the losing side! It sounds like you are doing very well! If you need anything....or just want to chat...feel free to email me.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/05 3:08 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Carrie!! Welcome to the losing side!! I remember your post on your worries about getting home after surgery and wow, the surgery day has come and gone! Glad to hear you're doing good. Yep.. skin's looking great here too. I don't break out anymore!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Becky
Jennifer L
on 8/7/05 4:34 am - Boston, MA
Hi Carrie, Congratulations on having a successful surgery. I'm glad you are doing well. I hope you have a quick recovery!
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/05 11:10 am - South of Boston, MA
Congrats!
tools
on 8/9/05 11:15 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Carrie, I have been wondering how you are doing. I am so glad that everything went well for you. Happy Healing!! Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views