Day Five after surgery

moviefan
on 7/30/05 8:28 am - Arlington, MA
Well gang, I wanted to keep you update as you've all been so great. I had my surgery on 7/25! I was scared as anything ( as those of you who have read my posts know). I went into the OR at 7:34 am, and next think I know it was 2:30 PM, and I was in recovery. They had to take out my gallbladder, I had 40 stones. (so me wife was correct, I had alot of gall!! Thank you I'm here all week) Monday was the toughest, as I was getting sick from the after effects of the anthesisia. But I was up walking by 7 pm, and then at 10 pm, and midnight. Tuesday, walked ever 2 hours by myself, got my swallow test (hate the way that sounds.), and was able to drink water and CL after 7. Wednesday I was up walking from 5 am, and then every hour. Finally at 4 PM the docs said I could leave. I was surprised, but they said I was ok. Wednesday night was tough, learning to get from a laid down position in bed, to a sitting position without it killing. best bet for me was to sleep with 2 pillows under my head, 1 under my upper body, and another for the lower. put a pillow over your stomach, and slide off on your left or right side (whatever is easiest). Now it's Saturday, walking every 1 -2 hours, it's tough to drink all the carnation and water (sipping too much?) but I feel good except sore in left and middle abdomin. Nothing severe, but soreness. Well that's all for now.
CelticRose
on 7/30/05 10:29 am - MA
Glad to see you are doing well. Walking, sleeping, sipping and then starting it all over again. Take care and wait for the wild part of the process to start. The changes that will happen will blow you away no matter how much you know they are going to happen. Enjoy the wild ride that you have started on it's way. Best wishes for a speedey recovery. Looking forward to your updates to follow. Carolyn
Dave_K
on 8/1/05 12:51 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
You made it!!!! Woo Hooo!!!! It just keeps getting better, bro! Dave 318/195/185
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views