Dr. Randall

gloria V.
on 7/30/05 7:53 am - Salem, MA
Hello every one, I had my appt with Dr. Randall, from MASS GENERAL, and Lawrence Memorial. He was great, but I am reading a lot about pre op testing, I asked him about it, he said, no, I don't get in to all that. The blood work and EKG will be fine. I am starting to worry just a bit, I would much rather be safe than sorry. Give me a complete work up! Also, I am wondering, when you wake from this surgery, open RYN do you still have the breathing tube in? Are you in ICU. I will ask him a lot af these ? When I see him again on the 16th. Just wanting to see if any one has had him, and what your experiance was. Thank you Gloria
Kriola
on 7/31/05 6:00 am - On the water, MA
Gloria, I will add my 2 cents. , Dr Randall from what I have heard & read is a fantastic surgeon. Your pre-op health will dictate the pre op testing you will need. I was a person who was up on my yearly physicals. My surgeon reqiured, an EKG & bloodwork only. This I am certain was because of my health at the time. Not all surgeons require the multitude of testing you see on this site. Of course you can always ask him for additional testing. As for waking up from surgery, generally you are in the recovery room, and you may or may not have a tube in your nose draining fluids from your new tummy. You may have a JP drain also. I had open RNY and did wake up still intubated (sp). I did not panic, did not feel as though I could not breath. There was an RN with me who said I will take that right out and then told me to take a deep breath which I did, it came out in a flash. No Pain or discomfort. I really don't remeber much in the recoery room, I do remember I never opened my eyes. Don't know why??? Hope this helps you. MaryLyn 5/21/03 -174 and still losing.
bonnie S.
on 8/1/05 12:25 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Gloria, I am having surgery with Dr. Randall on friday(lap-band) I have had to appointments with him preop and really like him ......I have never met such a kind down to earth surgeon......Have you gone to any of his support group meetings yet? I went to one and let me tell you everyone is that room was singing his praises......I know we are having differen't surgeries and I am sorry to hear about what happened with your band buy, I will be sure to email you and tell you how everything goes....I have to be at Beth Isreal at 6 am on Friday....Yuck......oh well ....please feel free to email me with any questions my preop in tuesday at 1 and i have no clue what they are doing...dumb me forgot to ask that question Hope you have a great day Bonnie
gloria V.
on 8/1/05 10:14 am - Salem, MA
Thank you, And congrads on your lapband, I will pray for you! Wow you must be thrilled! I didn't know Dr Randall worked out of Beth, kool. I am not sure were I am having it, I think Lawrence Memorial. I had a lot of testing today, the psych and nutritionist..long day! I will be at the next group, I look forward to it. Hope to chat soon. Gloria
gloria V.
on 8/1/05 10:10 am - Salem, MA
Hi, thank you so much, that was a big help. I remember waking up after the lapband, and could not breathe. I was so scared. But he took it right out and I was fine. You look great! How long has it been? Hope to chat soon Thank you Gloria
bonnie S.
on 8/1/05 10:20 am - haverhill, MA
hi Gloria, Dr.Randall usually doesn't work out of Beth Isreal but since he is new at the procedure he needs to go to the proctors hospital. I will definately go to the next meeting and we can chat Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views