got a date!!! for my "tummy tuck" !!!

marypoco
on 7/23/05 6:50 am - amherst, MA
Hello all,well I started out, just waiting to see if I'd even be approved for the "tummy tuck" and lo and behold I got sent a date! Sept. 7th.. I have been post op for over a year and it has been quite a ride.. the only thing I am worried about is the PAiN! Is it more painful than the surgery?? does anyone who had it done regret having it done?? I am in shock, it seems so serreal right now. I've always, and I mean always had a gut, what's it gonna be like with a flat stomach?? and how long is the expected time you were out of work??? I think my surgeon said about 4 weeks.. is that about the time frame?? any helpful info is greatly appreciated.. Mary
HeidiLeigh29
on 7/24/05 10:33 am - Montague, MA
Congrats!! That is wonderful!! I have a question for you....Did you have any medical conditions that were present for the insurance to approve you for this?? If so what? I am just curious because some day I may be seeking the same procedure, and knowing what they are looking for is helpful. thanks, heidi
marypoco
on 7/24/05 10:55 am - amherst, MA
Yes Heidi, I had a horrible rash underneath the roll of "fat". the surgeon took pictures of my excess skin and also the rash. so it showed BCBS that It wasn't just cosmedic surgery. good luck on your quest for the procedure. Mary 6/8/04 268/260/151/??
DC
on 7/25/05 4:53 pm - Orange, MA
Hello, My wife just got her TT and BA 4 weeks ago. She was pretty out of it the first day. She took the pain pills for 1 day and stopped because they were giving her a wicked head ache. She was up and about in 3 days and pretty much pain free in a week. Her Breasts were much more tender than her TT. She is going to the gym daily now at 4 weeks out. Her full time job is taking care of me and the kids but if your work is not physically demanding I'd say in a few weeks you could go back. As for regrets she loves it. She spends a lot of time in front of the mirror and trying on different clothes! Email her if you have specific questions. [email protected] Good luck DC
LauraL728
on 8/1/05 10:59 am - SE Mass, MA
Hi Mary I know I told you that my TT went well...I thought I'd give you a little more info... I had the TT done while having other surgery - I had a tumor (benign) removed and had a hysterectomy. My TT scar goesw from hip to hip as well as up the middle to my breasts. I had it done June 8th. I am now back to work full time. The first week home from the hospital was uncomfortable; however, after that I really healed quickly. I am very happy with the healing and the scars. I was in a size 14 pants before the surgery and I am now in a size 10!!! I did have considerable pain for 5 or 6 days. However, I had much more then just the TT. Just make sure they give you pain medicine for home, and don't be afraid to ask for pain medicine while in the hospital. Don't wait until your pain is out of control. Good luck, and please let me how you do with your surgery. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views