Pre-op was a piece of cake!!!!!

Carrie N.
on 7/21/05 7:28 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I got myself so worked up over this pre-op appointment and there was nothing to it, no tests, just a final consult with surgeon and medical history with NP. I was expecting an EKG, chest X-ray, ABG, every kind of test in the world, but there was none of that. In fact, the only tests I have had are a gall bladder ultrasound and a blood draw. I am all set to go Aug 2. Also, the surgeon strongly recommended lap over the open I was planning on, so I am fine with that. Now, I am just plain excited, no nerves at all! Carrie
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 7/21/05 7:44 am - 128 Belt, MA
Carrie--You didn't need to do the pre-op piece at Weiner Preop center on 2? I had spent over 2 hours waiting there when I had my preop. Glad all your clearances are in line. Good luck with your surgery. Joan
Carrie N.
on 7/21/05 7:46 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Joan, I did go to the weiner pre-op center. I waited about 15 minutes before they called me and then the nurse practitioner took a medical history, BP, listened to my heart and lungs, looked at my throat and sent me on my way. Everything went very smoothly today. Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/05 11:27 am - haverhill, MA
Wow.....you had an easy time of it! When I went for mine....the EKG was weird...I have PVC's .....so they had to send me to the cardiologist for clearance. He did one of those stress tests ....I had to do the treadmill and then when my heart really got going...two or three techs practically carried me back to the strecher so they could do some sort of ultrasound thing on my heart. Everything was fine...but that was my adventure in pre op! I think surgeons ask for specific tests according tow what they think the patient needs . I am glad it all went well..onward to Aug 2nd!
tools
on 7/21/05 11:56 am - Middleton, MA
That is so good Carrie. It is better to have your surgery Lap. You will feel much better for it. Some people cannot have it done that way so consider yourself lucky! Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views