I hate this

emme819
on 7/18/05 9:08 am - Worcester, MA
I hate that this board is supposed to be for MA people, and yet almost every post lately seems to be a global post by someone with a quote of the day or a request for something. I'm sick of wading through the crap to find out who is from MA and posting something of interest, and all the other stuff on here. I wrote to OH about it, and was told anyone is entitled to post anywhere they want. Fine, but why allow people to clog up the boards with all this global crap? Why not have a separate board, or make the Quote of the Day person use the main board? Sorry, just venting cuz this stuff ****** me off today. Mary Ellen
tools
on 7/18/05 11:52 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Stella, I have noticed that less people post here now. Maybe you are right about it becoming a global posting board and it has lost it's appeal to the locals. Just my thoughts---Gail from MA
Kimberly T.
on 7/19/05 9:49 pm - Uniontown , OH
Hello Stella, I agree. I am fairly new to the site. Only about a month. But I came to this board hoping to find someone close.. Maybe find an angel, Or friend. But When I first came I don't think I saw but a handful of people from MA and most from all over. I'm thinkin, "Ok did I hit the wrong button?" lol. Well anyway. I am a new profile to read so have fun LOL Have a great day Kim
Carrie N.
on 7/20/05 7:26 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I usually post here. I live in NH but I am from Massachusetts and am having my surgery in Boston. I agree that usually the first 10 posts are just nonsense. I think they should just leave those on the main board. Carrie
HeidiLeigh29
on 7/18/05 9:57 pm - Montague, MA
I check this board first, but Gail is right, people have not been posting here lately... Heidi
Stella E.
on 7/18/05 11:19 pm - Melrose, MA
I agree. There are less postings from MA members and more postings from others. More info to wade through without really learning anything, being supported or getting support. Who can we talk to about this?
Kate Z
on 7/19/05 12:01 am - MA
I should know this, but... Do these people have to post these individually by state, or is it a one shot deal to get it on all the boards? I think OH should restrict global posting. It's the equivalent of Spam. This doesn't violate "terms of service". I do believe in Freedom of Speech, but please have something interesting to say.... Enough *****ing for the day.... Well maybe Kate Z
fireballhead
on 7/19/05 2:24 am - Amesbury, MA
Oh I totally agree... I come here everyday... hoping to gain advice... see a new profile that I have not read... read another interesting story of hope ... and I have been so bummed lately. I log in everyday... and go straight to the MA board and nothing.... Just a bunch of quote of the day crap and other stuff.... I'm fairly new here, in fact I just logged in about a month ago, but this has quickly become an instant support group and wealth of knowledge. I say we take back our board!!!! We start posting questions... stories... updates about yourself... As for me... I'm seeing the surgeon tomorrow for the first time. I have my other appointments all with in the next three weeks, so I'm hoping to get approved and scheduled soon.... So after I meet with the surgeon tomorrow... I will post on how it went....
emme819
on 7/19/05 12:59 pm - Worcester, MA
Great idea, let's take back our board! Maybe one of us (me?) should email the person who posts the quotes of the day and politely ask her not to do that on this board anymore. I reluctantly volunteer even though I'm not necessarily the most tactful person out here. Thoughts? Suggestions? Mary Ellen
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/05 11:16 am - South of Boston, MA
I stopped reading it because of that. Perhaps if we post with "MODERATOR" in the title --- and keep doing it? Or, make our own board somewhere out there? Someone will take note. These boards are really bass ackwards, anyway. -Beth http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views