MADE IT TO NUTRITIONIST!

Carrie N.
on 7/14/05 7:36 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Well, a few weeks ago I had my appointment for my nutrition consult and, after a 4 hour drive, I was 15 minutes late and she refused to see me and said I needed to reschedule. I did reschedule, with a different nutritionist, because I found her whole attitude nasty and condescending. This time, it took me exactly 1 hour to drive to the hospital. I was 2 hours early for my appointment, and she saw me early. She was great and everything went well. I was halfway home before my scheduled appointment time. I am so pleased this went so well, but still mighty perturbed at the first nutritionist. At least I will never have to see her again. I have my pre-op next Thursday, which I am a little nervous about, and surgery Aug 2. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! It is more exciting than the last couple months of being pregnant! LOL. Well, thanks everyone for your support and answers and best wishes to everyone on their continues success! Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/05 8:55 am - haverhill, MA
I am glad that you finally made it to see a nutritionist. I am surprised at the problem you had with the other one. I realize that you were late due to traffic...but getting attitude isn't pleasant! When I had my surgery at BWH, there was a great nutritionist who handled the gastric bypass patients. Her name is Natalie. She still leads the support group meetings and sometimes even cruises this message board. Good luck....your surgery date is quickly approaching.
gia2871
on 7/18/05 7:05 pm - RI
Hey Carrie! I am in the medical profession and I always squeeze in pt's no matter what. I really think it's aweful for someone to do that ( I got stuck with a conscience). We are all human. I always say to myself: treat the patient as I want my mother, nana, sister (etc.) to be treated. Think of it as you are lucky you didn't get stuck with her, and you found the other. Best of luck with your surgery! ...GG
Stella E.
on 7/18/05 11:18 pm - Melrose, MA
Hi Carrie Good to hear you made it through! Maybe it was fate and you were suppose to see this nutritionist rather than the other! Anyway, best of luck with everything!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views