URGENT ! Please help us help Wisconsin members this morning URGENCY NEEDED!!

JC
on 7/11/05 10:11 pm - Mt Vernon, ME
Hi everyone,

A doctor sent this to me: "Sitting on Governor Doyle's desk is a budget which ELIMINATES coverage for Bariatric Surgery via Medicaid. Governor Doyle has ASSURED us last week that he was going to veto this provision in the budget. It appears that political pressure (from both parties) has swayed him to a position where he is NOT going to veto this measure. THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DISASTROUS BLOW TO THE AVAILABILITY OF BARIATRIC SURGERY FOR THE CITIZENS OF WISCONSIN! We must act NOW! It is our understanding that the final decision will be made early to mid week."

I urge everyone reading this to contact the Governor's office directly by phone - number and email below. Get fellow postops, preops, family members, employers, friends to call and urge him to veto this measure. Explain what bariatric surgery has done for you. Explain how many medications have been eliminated by your weight loss. Explain how much more productive you are after your weight loss. Explain how your quality of life has improved. FLOOD HIS OFFICE PHONE!

Email him. Contact friends in your support groups and urge the same.

I had this from one who will be collecting your emails and sending them to the governor:
"Someone, everyone, please post something on the ObesityHelp.com Message Boards, both Statewide and Nationwide. Urge people to contact Governor Doyle's Office. Urge them to look at this site for more information."

Elimination of Medicaid coverage for bariatric surgery has the potential to start a domino effect of non-governmental health care plans doing the same.

The Governor needs to hear that Bariatric Surgery actually SAVES money in the long run. In fact, a gastric bypass is PAID for in other medical cost savings and increased productivity in three years! He needs to hear that CUTTING bariatric coverage from Medicaid will actually result in increased costs to the taxpayers of Wisconsin!

Even more importantly, what's done in one state will affect other states and in the end, will affect your families, friends, etc. everywhere.

To contact Governor Doyle by email, go here:
http://www.wisgov.state.wi.us/contact.asp?locid=19

By phone:
Madison Office
608-266-1212

Northern WI Office
715-762-5900

Milwaukee Office
414-227-4344

Washington, D.C. Office
202-624-5870

Thanks for all your help this morning.

- JC {CO-CEO ObesityHelp}

Caeli B.
on 7/12/05 5:41 am - Boston, MA
Sent an email. Please post this on the lap band board as well as I know a LOT of us never venture to the main board or state boards. Thanks, Caeli
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views