Alcohol Anyone?

Kate Z
on 7/7/05 2:13 am - MA
Ok... I know what the Dr & Nut said (usless calories, rapid absorption, yada, yada, yada). I opened up the question to my fellow Mayer's, but they have little or no experience (being WLS newbies). How about you "oldtimers"? What are the issues with having a drink or two?... I'm going on vacation this week and would like to be able to sip back a few. I'm afraid to try my normal drink of choice (Amaretto D'Sarono/rocks), too much sugar. A glass of wine or some frozen concoction sounds mighty good while kicking back on the beach. (no... I don't like wine or beer) Let me know about your experiences... Kate Z 131/???/125
Kate Z
on 7/7/05 3:06 am - MA
Kate Z 313/???/125
nadine 44
on 7/7/05 10:42 pm - brockton, MA
hi kate i had a drink just last night. i am 3 months post-op and have had a few in the last month or so. last night i had a frozen mudslide ohhh yummmmy!! all I needed was one and i was quite tipsy. have had no problems except i do feel the effect quite quickly since surgery. have fun nadine
mimisue6
on 7/9/05 11:54 pm - Bluffton, SC
Hi Kate. I have only had a sip of my husband's Martini but my nutritionist told me when we go to Europe in Sept that I could sip on one glass of RedWine but that to go sloooow as we will absorb it quickly and be under the table. lol I am 3.5 mos post op now Sue
Luann S.
on 7/13/05 10:46 am - Randolph, MA
I had my first alcoholic beverage on a cruise in May,8 months post-op. Couldn't resist a Pina Colada. I was afraid I would dump (didn't) but since I wasn't driving and not likely to meet any irresistable men (I was on a Richard Simmon's cruise) I didn't really care if it had a strong effect on me. It did, I fell asleep during one of the great shows and between the waves and the drink bounced off the walls all the way back to my room. Slept terribly that night. Wasn't worth it. Had a couple of more virgin coladas during the week and enjoyed them even more! Try it, see if it's worth it to you. I think that has to be the deciding factor with anything that goes into our mouths post-op. Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -83
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views