3 yrs Post Op - New to Boston - Need a new PCP

Liz C.
on 7/5/05 1:28 am - Boston, MA
Hi there - I am almost 3 years post op Gastric By-pass and new to Boston. I need to find a new PCP and I want someone who is familiar with WLS patients. I live and work in Downtown Boston. Any suggestions? Thanks! Liz
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 7/5/05 2:22 am - 128 Belt, MA
Liz, You are very fortunate to find a city where you will have choices. I would suggest calling the WL surgery centers and ask them for their referral for a PCP. Then also I would find out what you would need to do to have that Surgeon follow you up for your surgery. I would want to think you would make contact with a surgeon just in case. It might be a letter from your current surgeon and medical records. Also --there are several support groups in the area that you could join should you feel you need to do so. I had lap band surgery at Brigham, but New England Medical Center, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston Medical Center, Mass General are the large WLS centers that come to mind. I think you would be happy with a PCP (and a Surgeon ) at all of these centers. If I left a center out--only by oversight-not by poor recommendation. Welcome to Boston, Liz! Joan
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/05 3:37 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Liz I do not live close enough to Boston to make Dr recommendations. Just want to welcome you.
threecatma
on 7/5/05 5:52 am - Methuen, MA
Also Leahy Clinic, and Faulkner Hospital (part of Brigham & Women's) have WLS/Bariatric centers. Either of these, in addition to the ones listed would be places to seek out a new PCP who supports WLS patients. Cheers, Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views