29 days to go!!! OMG!!

Carrie N.
on 7/4/05 7:54 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I cannot believe it. I thought the day would never come, and now I look at my counter and I see "29 days until my weight loss surgery" is seems unreal. Only 4 weeks from tomorrow! The 6 1/2 weeks since I got my date have gone very fast, I am guessing this will go even faster. I am so excited! The only thing that scares me, to tell you the truth, is the pre-op appointment. I keep having dreams that they did an EKG and the doctor tells me I have had a massive heart attack and they need to postpone surgery until I get cardiac clearance, or my blood sugar is too high, or something like that. I just hope the pre-op goes smoothly so I will be on my way. And, of course, I am looking forward to my 3 or 4 months off work (thanks to my generous employer). I think I am already getting in a healthy mindset. I made my daughter play raquetball with me for 2 hours yeaterday, and today I put on my gigantic (though strangely flattering - as it should be for what I spent) bathing suit and went swimming with the kids. My father owns a lot of land, and he made a pond, a beautiful, spring-fed, sand covered bottom pond, filtered, cold and clean, no creepy critters, and it is very private, roughly 25 feet deep in the middle, and slightly larger than a football field. He made it before I was born and I used to spend a lot of time in it as a kid, but have been too embarassed the last 15 years or so, but it felt great!!!! I can't wait to have the courage to at leat put on a t-shirt and shorts and go to the beach. I have taken my kids, but I have gone fully clother, long pants and long sleeves. Wish me luck! Carrie Wish me luck! Carrie
tools
on 7/4/05 9:35 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Carrie, Good luck. I have the same fears about the pre-op testing. Hopefully all will go well for both of us. I am a few months from surgery. Keeps posted on the testing!! Gail
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/05 10:12 pm - haverhill, MA
Trust me Carrie, You will put on a bathing suit and go to the beach every chance you get, next summer!
threecatma
on 7/5/05 5:55 am - Methuen, MA
Good Luck, Carrie - you'll do just fine. Where are you having your surgery done? I'm in Mass, right before Salem, NH, and I went into Boston (Faulkner) to have mine done. Just curious... All the best, Carol --
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views