Surgery Consult???

Tina L.
on 7/4/05 7:16 am - MA
Hello All, I don't often post but I am in need... I have my surgery consult in a couple of weeks and this in between time is freaking me out. I feel confident about having the surgery and being able to follow the dietary requirements, but now I'm worried about the what if's... I hope these feelings are normal. Do any of you have advice and/or questions I should ask the surgeon? Thanks for listening and for your continued support. Thanks, Tina
SkinnyMe71805
on 7/4/05 9:05 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hey Tina, dont worry these feelings are completley normal. I have surgery in 2 weeks and some ?'s still cross my mind. And i have felt all the in between jitters like your saying. It does get better though. Right now im more anxious to get it done with so i can begin my new life. Wishing you luck!! Niesha Johnson 285/274/180 Dr.Goal/165 personal Goal
tools
on 7/4/05 9:42 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Tina, Just write down what concerns you and bring a list of questions with you to your appoinment. MY consult is on July 19th and I have been writing things down as I think about them. Ask about the what ifs?? I am sure your surgeon would prefer that you be honest and ask questions. What you are feeling is very normal. After all, this is surgery. I have been researching the banding for several months. I am not very concerned and problems following the surgery. It is different for everyone. Make sure that your surgeon has a support system in place for you after surgery. You are going to have many questions as you heal and experiement with different foods. I love this posting area. I think the people here could answer most of your questions here on postings. I have had many people respond to the MANY questions that I have posted. Good luck----Gail
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/05 10:18 pm - haverhill, MA
This is such a major step that I think we all have questions and fears and even little what ifs bothering us. One of the things that I like about my surgeon's office is that I spent time with his PA first. She answered many of my questions. Sometimes when the surgeon gets into the room, we forget what we were going to ask....or at least that's what always happens to me.
Kate Z
on 7/5/05 12:02 am - MA
Dear Tina, I am 6 weeks post op from Laprascopic RNY and I would do this again in a New York Minute. For a month before the surgery I agonized if I was making the right decision. I have a husband and two teenagers. "What if something happens?", "What would they do without me?", "What if I couldn't go back to work?'.... It's very normal to have these thoughts/emotions when facing a major operation. Some things I did to help me from being so nervous were: ...Talk to my Husband (best friend) about how I was feeling ...Put together my finances (insurance, pensions, etc...) ...Explain everything that was on the upcoming calendar "to do's" ...Read everything I could on the procedure and the "after-WLS" adventure ...Posted to and read many of these OB postings... "you're not alone" Best wishes and luck on you upcoming life-change Kate Z 313/???/125
Tina L.
on 7/5/05 1:15 pm - MA
Thank you all for your kind responses and valuable advice. Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs