PLEASE HELP!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/05 3:49 am - methuen, MA
i have been reading and reading and reading ..... how do i find the BEST surgeon in my area...Boston? i am deathly afraid and dont know where to turn...i want the best of the best and am just overwhelmed. can someone help this newbie. a friend had this done at beth israel by dr mun.... thank you rose
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/05 6:57 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Rosa, Many factors go into choosing a surgeon. Insurance, location, the type of support programs are just some of them. You also should consider what type of surgery you want and which doc is the best choice for it. You may want to think about whether you want to go into Boston or not. I had my surgery in Boston, at Brigham & Womens...wonderful surgeon, nutritionist etc. The only drawback is that it is tough for me to get to support group meetings from Haverhill. Good luck with your search.
Lynn C
on 7/4/05 4:15 am
Rosa, Boston is home to some of the best surgeons in all fields and I was so happy that I live close enough (about a 1 hour drive) to take advantage of the programs offered. The best way to find out if you are getting the best is to go to the free info seminars offered by each hospital (taking into account travel time, ins etc..) See who you feel comfortable with. You can also look up doctors on the mass.gov site to see if they have had any complaints or lawsuits filed against them in the last 10 years. This site gives you their school history etc. Here is a link to the site http://profiles.massmedboard.org/Profiles/MA-Physician-Profile-Find-Doctor.asp Good luck! Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views