Head Hunger.....HELP!!!!

SteffieBear15
on 6/30/05 12:51 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi everyone!!! I am 4 weeks out and have unbelieveable cravings...and I am having a hard time distinguishing head hunger from real hunger. I have tolerated everything that I ate ( Have not dared to try sugar) and have never vomited. Is this craving and false hunger business something that will pass? I have never felt full after a few bites and am more than ready to eat everytime a meal time rolls around...am I normal???
emme819
on 6/30/05 1:31 pm - Worcester, MA
I'm not sure there is such a thing as "normal". Some things I can eat a lot of, others not so much. I can't eat much meat, for instance, but bring on the refried beans! I can down a cup of those with cheese on top with no problem, and probably could eat more if I let myself. Some people can eat more than others, some vomit a lot (like me), some don't vomit at all. Everybody's pouch is different. Head hunger is a vicious thing. It's very hard to distingui**** from physical hunger, especially in the beginning. I don't get physically hungry yet, so when I crave something I know it's head hunger. Personally, I think head hunger is far worse than physical hunger. Physical hunger you can get rid of by eating. Head hunger remains, especially if you are an emotional eater as I am. As long as that emotion is around that I want to bury in food, I'm going to battle the head hunger. Just based on the time you're out of surgery, I'd think what you're having is more head hunger than physical, but as I said, we're all different! Good luck to you! Mary Ellen lap rny 3/16/05 UMass 282/220/?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views