Taking a poll on Boston surgeons

tools
on 6/28/05 9:33 pm - Middleton, MA
Hello everyone, Please tell me your surgeon's name in Boston. Why you recommend them and time between your first appointment and surgery date. Thanks so much. I am thinking seriously of starting over with a Dr. in Boston with experience! Thanks----Gail
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/05 10:12 pm - haverhill, MA
My name is Kim. I had an Open Rny at Brigham & Women's with Dr Robinson. My first appt was in October of 2001 and my surgery was in February 2002. One thing I would advise......please do not pick your surgeon by the amount of time you have to wait. Pick a program and surgeon that you feel good about and trust. This is a doctor and hospital that you will be working with on a regular basis. It is important to feel good about your care.
tools
on 6/29/05 9:37 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Kim, I am going to B+W--making the call tomorrow--thanks!
Lynn C
on 6/29/05 11:56 am
Gail, I haven't had surgery yet but I attended the info sesion at Beth Israel in Boston and met Dr. Jones. I liked Dr. Jones from our first meeting and felt very comfortable with him. I looked him up on the MA Medical board site and the TX Medical board (where he practiced before coming to MA). He is at the top of his field in Lap Band and Lap RNY. So far this is how my schedule has been. 6/8 info meeting 6/27 Blood work, Intake meeting with a program nurse (1hr) and MD meeting with the program doctor (1hr) 7/11 dietician meeting 7/21 abdominal ultrasound, Psych meeting After these things are done to the dr. satisfaction I will have my surgeons meeting, schedule my date and wait for Ins. approval. I would advise you to attend an info meeting if you are huntig for a good program. Here is the program web site http://bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?leaf_id=10577 If you would like I can email you the info on Dr. Jones and his associates. Good luck with your decision. Lynn
Caeli B.
on 6/30/05 4:14 am - Boston, MA
I LOVE Dr. Vernon at B&W although several of my friends have had Dr. Lautz and rave about him too. Caeli
slow and steady
on 7/1/05 1:13 am - MA
Lautz at BWH have to give him an A+++++
jamaicanbombshell
on 7/1/05 4:25 am - Boston, MA
I had DR. Lautz and I absolutely LOVE him! As Caeli mentioned above, both he and Dr.Vernon have great reviews.
Butterfly029
on 8/9/05 10:22 am - MA
Hey there I went to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and my surgeon was Dr. Scheneider. He is awesome. I would highly recommend him and the staff there was the greatest. I couldnt have asked for better care before and after my surgery. I have been out now 2 weeks and have been on the phone with then many times so far..LOL....So good luck and if you need any information i will be glad to help......GODD LUCK Christyne
tools
on 8/9/05 11:01 am - Middleton, MA
Thanks Christyne! I sent that post out a while ago!! I am going to NSMC in Salem MA. I am going to be their first band patient. The surgeon had done the procedure at another hospital but it is the first time at NSMC. The Procotor Dr from INAMED is going to be there to assist. I could not be in better hands! My surgery is scheduled for August 18th!!!! How are you feeling 2 weeks out? How long are you on liquids before you start the mushies phase? Babye---Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views