Had to reschedule nutrition appointment

Carrie N.
on 6/28/05 9:24 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I am so disappointed. I had my appointment with the nutritionist today at 10:35. I took the day off work. My boyfriend took the night off last night so he could drive me (he works 3rd shift). Mapquest said the trip should take 1 hour and 40 minutes, so I allowed 3 1/2 hours. We dropped my little guy off at day care at 7 a.m. and were on the road. Well, 2 accidents on 93, and delays all the way from 495 into Boston, and Storrow Drive not moving at all, and one wrong turn on Brookline Ave and we arrived at 10:55, 20 minutes late after a 4 hour drive, and the nutrionist came out and called me name and said, "Yeah, hi, you know what? You are going to need to reschedule. It is our policy. Unless you want to wait until 12." Of course I would be willing to wait, after that trip, and then she said, "Actually, no, why don't you just reschedule." I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or punch her in the face, but I had to reschedule, so next week I have to miss yet another day, and another day the week after that for my pre-op, plus I had a really bad flu last week and missed 2 days of work. This is going to go over great. They are being very understanding and supportive, but it is summer and a lot of people have vacations, so it is really unfair. I never dreamt in a million years it would take 4 hours to get there. Guess I don't need any advice. Just feel really, really stupid. Hope everyone else had a better day! Carrie
tools
on 6/28/05 10:22 am - Middleton, MA
Sorry Carrie, That is very upsetting. I really struggled with going into Boston to have my lapband surgery. The surgeons there have the most experience in the area. I was afraid I would run into traffic problems just like you did today. That is the problem with Boston, you never know how long it will take you to get there. I think the office could of been a little more accommidating and should have seen you. They should be used to people being delayed by traffic. I want to thank you for your post because you have my decision to go to North Shore Medical Center in Salem Ma more firm for me. I can't deal with Boston and the BIG DIG!!!! Sorry you had such a bad day. I understand how much each step for you brings you closer to your new life!! Gail
Carrie N.
on 6/28/05 10:33 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I am glad I am going to Boston, and so far my appointments have been at good times, but this was terrible. The problem with the programs in NH is that they seem somewhat disorganized, and the wait is forever. Plus, they want you to jump through all kinds of hoops and put on a little dog and pony show for them to prove you are interested. I feel much more confident with a surgeon in Boston who has performed 600 surgeries than one in Manchester who has done 80, and averages only 1 a week, and you still have to wait 6 months to even meet the surgeon (not all are like that I am sure, just the one I started out at). So i will put up with a little more, and I know in the end it will be worth it. One more bump in the road. BTW, my brother used to be a pipelayer and worked on teh Big Dig a few years ago. $65/hr plus overtime and he said they never did more that 2 or 3 hours of work in a week. The other 47 hours plus were spent talking about how much more there was to do. lol.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/28/05 12:03 pm - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Carrie--Sorry for your misfortuate series of events. I'm not sure who you were trying to see--I see Linda Antorino(not certain exact spelling). She has appts at 850 Boylston (which is Rt 9) on Thursdays at this location. I've seen her as early as 9 am. Just thinking if you could get in with her you could avoid the city (take Rt 95/128 to Route 9 Exit)--don't have to pay for parking--and might be able to get back to work by noon. Hope it helps. Email me if you need her number. Joan
tools
on 6/28/05 9:23 pm - Middleton, MA
Joan, It is as easy as you say to get to Brighams? Is it just off the highway??? You are all making me reconsider my decision. Maybe I should go to Boston!! Gail
Carrie N.
on 6/30/05 11:32 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Gail- I think Joan means that another location where the nutritionis sees patients is just off the highway. I don't believe Brigham's if. I take 93, and after I get off 93 it is a looooooooooooooooong drive. Tuesday it was over an hour from the highway to the hospital. Carrie
Lynn C
on 6/29/05 12:09 pm
sorry to hijack the post but I was so happy to hear people praising Dr. Jones. I just selected him as my surgeon and had my fist set of testing done. I am coming from south of Boston so I haven't had a problem getting into Boston yet (I sneak up rt. 1 or 1a off of 128 and go up VFW parkway to the arbor way and come out at longwood) It takes about an hour to get there from Bridgewater. My only advise is to meet as many doctors as you can and go with the one that has the most expierence and that you feel comfortable with. the info meetings are free and your investment of time is worth knowing that you will be comfortable and safe through the whole process. Good luck. Lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views