GETTING STARTED

RUTH N.
on 6/28/05 3:51 am - LEOMINSTER, MA
HI NEW TO GROUP, LIFE TIME WEIGHT PROBLEM, HAVE DECIDED AFTER GREAT DEAL OF THOUGHT, TO HAVE SURGERY, DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME TO HAVE IT, HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN AUG WITH MY DOCTOR TO DISCUSS IT BUT WONDER IF I SHOULD JUST ASK FOR A REFERAL, RUTH ANN
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/28/05 4:07 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Ruth, Not to sound sneeky--but at my docs office there is a referral telephone line--and you call in your referral requests. You might try to do this to speed up time. Not certain which hospital you are planning to use-but many require you to attend the info session becasue it clears up lots and lots of questions--so when you do see the surgeon your questions are more specific to you. It was this time last year I had made the decision for surgery. I booked the surgeon and had the info session in between. I am fortunate for I see the PA and I had bumped into her in the store. I told her what I had planned and she was psyched I had made up my mind to do something. I just happened to have a blood pressure check with her the next week so for her signing off(so to speak) was easy. So, my message to you is to choose where you want to go and get the ball rolling. I called mid July--saw the doc on Sept 1st and had surgery Oct 26th. I thought that was great timing--but I think the docs are now booking 3 mos out. Best to you---Joan
SteffieBear15
on 6/30/05 12:31 pm - Medford, MA
Revision on 10/29/12
Hi Ruth...check Out newton-wellesley...csawls.com. I had my first consulttation jan 3 and they gave me a surg date of Feb 16...I postponed it until recently for personal reasons but if you don't want to wait i highly recommend them ...i recommend them for other reasons as well..the whole hospital experience was great thet nurses are very nice and supportive. call you pcp for a referral. tell them you have made an appointment, you can do that most of the time, they'll just want to know when it is. Good luck!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views