Hospitality Professionals?

Chuck F.
on 6/23/05 3:16 am - Springfield, MA
Is there anyone out there that is in the industry that is or has gone through the program? I have spent the last 4 hours on this site and find nothing relating to or with people from the same line of work. It does not surprise me, because for the last 22 months of waiting I have been unsuccessful in finding anyone going through the same trails and stresses as myself. I have even tried contacting Al Roker from the TODAY show for some advice. No luck there either. So if there is anyone that cooks professionally and has some insight because feel free to comment. 3 days and counting! The topics I am worrying about: How will I be able to taste food before it is served? Sometimes while making a soup, I taste it 10 times before I am happy with it. 10 spoon fulls of a soup will be 5 meals. Will I have to taste and spit, like wine? How do I maintain quality without tasting? its impossible Will this be my down fall, to weight lose? Will I still be able to cook after surgury? thanks for listening, chuck
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/05 8:29 am - Yakima, WA
While cooking the first 3 months is something of a challenge - tasting and such - it gets MUCH easier. I'm almost 3 years postop and eat like a normal thin person eats. I can taste while creating without issue. Also the first 3 months thing just taste off...not sure why, but many things taste awful but the further out you get, the more your tastebuds seem to come back HTH, Tooter
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/23/05 12:16 pm - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Chuck-Great questions--I think if you tried to post on the main lap band board you might get more traffic and a better answer than my answer! I do wish you the best on Monday! Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views