First Post - surgury is on Monday 6/27

Chuck F.
on 6/23/05 2:39 am - Springfield, MA
Has any one taken citrate of magnesia? Dr. Kuhn has asked that I take an entire bottle the day before surgury. I was wondering about the effects on the body and the day. I was planning not to be chained to the toilet all day. Any words of wisdom would help as well. Thanks for the support - ahead of time! Chuck
~*Ellen H.
on 6/23/05 2:15 pm - Western, MA
I didnt have to take that but I hear it really does stick you to the toilet...sorry :-l Good luck with your surgery! Ellen
HeidiLeigh29
on 6/23/05 11:22 pm - Montague, MA
Hi, I wish you luck with your surgery!! you will do fine, you are in good hands, I had Dr. Kuhn also and he is wonderful. I did not have to use the mag citrate. He must have a reason for asking that you use the magnesium citrate so I would just do as he asks, he only wants the best for you and your recovery. I know it is not a pleasant experience but just do as you are told. heidi
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/05 11:48 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Chuck, I too had surgery with Dr. Kuhn and I didn't have to do any pre-op bowel prep like he's asked you to. However, a friend of mine is having surgery on 9/26 and he told her to take M.O.M. and drink clear liquids the day before. I guess it all depends on what issues one may have with their bodies. Dr. Kuhn is a great doctor and I'm sure he knows what he's doing as far as telling you what to do before surgery. My sister also had Dr. Kuhn and we're doing great. Good luck to you on Monday and I'll see you on the losing side! Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views