last weekend before surgery

MAURA F.
on 6/17/05 12:25 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Hi all This is my last weekend before sugery, Im going in next Wednesday(6/22). I went for my pre-op and lost 26lbs. Any suggestions to get throught the next few days. Little nervous here. I also feel like I need to eat everything in site because I wont be able to for a while. So far I have been pretty under control.....not going crazy eating. Thanks for any advice or support anyone has given me. It really helped me. I cant wait to be on the losing side!
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/05 1:14 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Maura, Good luck with your surgery. Feel free to email me to chat ....getting through those pre op jitters can be tough. I can remember spending alot of time on this site playing with the before and after pictures. It gave me encouragement and kept me focused on the reason why I wanted to have the surgery.
Monica B.
on 6/17/05 1:44 am - Emery, SD
I also spent a lot of time on this site, reading, exploring, checking out the before and after picture. I have had many surgeries, but I went into the operating room calm, with peace in my heart and mind. I was so ready for this surgery and I am thankful daily for this wonderful journey. Embace the losing side, be calm, good surgery date and a great recovery. Get ready to take back your life. Monica age 57 12/06/04 330/240/1??..............healtier, happier, sexier and enjoying life
BrendaHeath
on 6/17/05 12:32 pm - Winchendon, MA
Hey Maura, I had a few good things before I went in for surgery. I did exactly what they told me to do the couple days before surgery, cutting down, and then nothing the day before surgery. It will be tough, but just think about the benefits of how you will feel after surgery. My one recommendation, is drink lots of water when you can't have anything else...it really does help. If you do everything that they tell you to, you shouldn't have any complications. I had the surgery 10 months ago...I have lost 150. I feel wonderful. I didn't have much energy at first..but I feel pretty good now. I wil you the best of luck, you will do great, and you will be on the losing side in no time at all. Take care! Brenda Heath
Carrie N.
on 6/18/05 2:21 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Hi Maura, It doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but I grew up in Ashburnham, so hello neighbor! Also, my brother just bought my sousin'd house in winchendon and is moving in today. Congratulations on your weight loss! Carrie
Carrie N.
on 6/18/05 2:22 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
I mean Brenda...Sorry!!!!
MAURA F.
on 6/18/05 2:01 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Thanks for all your great advice and support. I have cut down. I had my last pizza for a while last night. I plan to drink as much water as possible the couple of days. Did anyone have any problems with too many people wanting to go to the hospital with you. I have 3 people that want to go with me. I guess they need to do what they need to do. Any recommendations as far as what to pack. I think I have everything, but any last minute thoughts would'nt hurt. I'm going to the Brigham and Womens Hosp. Anyone know if I can bring my own Crystal Light....I hear they have Raspberry only......not sure if I can bring in other flavors?????? Thanks again for all your wonderful advice and support
Carrie N.
on 6/18/05 2:20 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
The pre-op thing I got from Brigham's in the mail said that they provide you with everything you need (toothbruth, toothpaste, lotion, etc.) so I figure I can use their's for a couple days while I am there, saves me lugging mine. they recommended slippers with non-skid soles. I am bringing those and my portable DVD player and a bunch of unwatched DVDs I have at home, like Season 5 of Oz which goes on sale Tues. Yeah! Good luck to you! Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views