Support Groups In Mass?

Jennifer C.
on 6/6/05 8:21 am - Dresden, ME
I am getting ready to come to Boston for my Sons Stem Cell Transplant on the 20th of June at Tufts Medical Center, and he will be in Isolation for 3 weeks up to 2 months....Is there a local Support Group I can go to? I had my Lap-Band surgery on Sept. 23rd and have lost 77 lbs...Can anyone let me know please? I do not know Boston at all so directions would do me no good!LOL Jenn
emme819
on 6/6/05 10:41 am - Worcester, MA
Tufts has support groups, as they have one of the finest WLS programs in the country. Their WLS program is through what they call the Obesity Consult Center. If you go to the Tufts webpage, I'm sure you can find a link to the OCC. I think Tufts's official name is New England Medical Center, or Tufts New England Medical Center. Most of the big hospitals in Boston offer WLS, so I'm sure there are plenty of support groups around. Good luck to you! Mary Ellen
Lynn C
on 6/7/05 8:16 am
Hi, I am having trouble seeing others replies so this may be a duplicate post but here is the schedule page for Beth Israel http:// bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=6371 and the directions to get there http:// bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=6380 Here is the schedule for Tufts-New England Medical http://www obesityconsult.org/html/groups/groupschedules.html and their directions http://www tufts-nemc.org/home/aboutus/directions.htm I hope all goes well with your son and he is happy and healthy in no time!
mira
on 6/7/05 10:03 am - North, MA
Hi, I had my Lap-Band at TUFTS, here is the e-mail: --------------------------------------------------- THE LAP-BAND SUPPORT GROUP Lap band surgery may have a significant impact on many areas of your life. Social demans, personal goals, job changes, family dynamics and psychological issues may all be affected by weight loss following this surgery. For support in maintaining these changes, whether you are months or yeas out of surgery, we invite you to participate in our monthly support group. Sample group topics include: Adopting Healthy Lifestyle Changes, Devloping a New Body Image, Improving Stress Management, Increasing Self-Advocacy Skills, Managing Family and Social Interactions. WHEN: First Monday of the Month (except July and Sept. due to holidays) TIME: 5:45-7:00 p.m. WHERE: {NEW LOCATION!) Sheldon Wolff Auditorium, 800 Washinghton Street, Basement Level of Tufts-NEMC 2005 Support Group Meeting Dates: Jan. 3, Feb. 7, March 7, April 4, May 2, June 3, July 11, Aug. 1, Sept. 12, Oct. 3, Nov. 7., Dec. 5, 2005.
majorcat
on 6/7/05 11:19 pm - Boston, MA
Jenn- First off, I wish your son the best. You are more than welcome to attend the Brigham and Women's support group for lap band which is the second Tuesday of the month from 6-8 in the Bayles conference room. We have a roux en y support group on the second and fourth tues of the month (Not firstweek in july though) which you are more than welcome to attend as well (that is in carrie hall), but they focus on roux n y, though it is still support. I take my car in and could drop you back off at your hotel or the the hospital if you need a ride back. you are more than welcome to email me. Brigham and Women's is pretty close to Tufts NEMC. Tufts NEMC also has a support group but Im not sure of details... Take care and best of luck Natalie Egan
Caeli B.
on 6/8/05 1:36 am - Boston, MA
Hey, Jennifer. Glad you got info on the support groups around here (sorry I didn't get back to you sooner). I live 5 mins from the Brigham and work 10 mins from NEMC so if you need a ride to a group (or anywhere for that matter) just give me a call. Hugs, Caeli
KV42505
on 6/13/05 10:24 am - West Coast, FL
Hey Caeli, I wrote you a few weeks ago about travel to Boston. I'll be heading there tomorrow(for a work conference) and plan to be at the support group meeting at Brighams at 6pm. I look forward to meeting some of my fellow bandsters and going to my First support group meeting. I'll be the one that looks like she doesn't know where she is....because I don't! Karen
Caeli B.
on 6/13/05 10:41 am - Boston, MA
Can't wait to meet you! Caeli p.s. weather has changed a LOT since I wrote you. It is now hot and humid (if there was an emoticon for sweating I'd be using it!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views