Calcium Citrate

MAURA F.
on 6/5/05 11:19 pm - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Hi All I have a question. Im trying to stock up on supplies and stuff. What recommendations do people have for a calcium citrate product? I was looking at Caltrate 600 with vitamin D. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a passport card at Vitamin World. Just some info. I was looking for multi vitamins and discovered that CVS has Flintstones chewables on sale this week for anyone interested. I have my pre-op next Tue 6/14 and am scheduled for surgery on June 22. Nerves are starting to get a little crazy.
Kate Z
on 6/5/05 11:29 pm - MA
Dear Maura, Viactive chewables work great for me.... They have 500mg of calcium plus the recommended vitamin D & K. They are the size and consistancy of a "starburst". Where I'm still on liquids, they give me a little chew satisfaction 3 times a day. Remember not to take your multi-vitamin at the same time. They wash each other out.... Good Luck!!!
MAURA F.
on 6/5/05 11:46 pm - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Hi Kate Thanks for the info. Great idea. Take care Maura
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/05 12:28 am - haverhill, MA
Good luck with your surgery, Maura. About the calcium.....everyone says we absorb calcium citrate better than calcium carbonate....my problem has always been that the calcium citrate pills are HUGE and I have to split them in half..or quarters sometimes to get them down. I find that I am more likely to forget to take them too. I have never found them in a chewable form. So...I have been using the calcium carbonate because they are chewable.
Debbie
on 6/6/05 1:40 am - W. Bridgewater, MA
I use TUMS Maximum Strength Ultra - spearmint-flavored. They come in several different flavors and are chewable and taste okay. Available in any drugstore. Debbie
Linda D.
on 6/6/05 2:30 am - Walpole, MA
My nutritionist recommended Caltrate 600 chewables. I don't like chewing them because they tend to be sour, but I let them dissolve in my mouth. One after breakfast and one after supper. Then I usually have my Flintstones in the afternoon. How little kids like these things is beyond me. They taste gross. Someone told me there are gummie bear ones, but my doc says to take the Complete vitamins and I can't find them in gummies.
MAURA F.
on 6/6/05 5:49 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Thanks for all your input everyone!!!!
Monica B.
on 6/6/05 8:34 am - Emery, SD
I take Optisource vitamins that I purchase from my Weight Management doctors and nutritionist. I take 1 chewable tablet 4 times a day and these vitamins supply me with all the vitamins and minerals I need. I do not have to take any other supplements. All my labs are wonderful and right in line. These cost me $26 per month, cheap I think. You can order these on line. They are citrus flavored and fit into my day very easily. Monica age57 12/06/04 330/240/1??.............healthier, happier, sexier
MAURA F.
on 6/6/05 9:10 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
THANKS TO ALL !!!!! YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL!!!!
emme819
on 6/6/05 10:39 am - Worcester, MA
My program says calcium citrate, too, which is not the kind in Viactive, Tums or most other calcium supplements. I take a liquid calcium citrate I got from bariatriceating.com. Doesn't taste that great, but it gets the job done. I'm going to switch to some calcium citrate (chocolate flavored!) wafers I found on bariatricadvantage.com. Those haven't arrived in the mail yet. But I'm doing my best to get the citrate stuff because I'm afraid of not getting enough calcium otherwise. Good luck! Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views