Economy & Taste

Kate Z
on 6/2/05 11:07 pm - MA
Hey Guys, I've figured out a trick to add a little protein in the morning. SF CIB comes in 10oz pre-mixed boxes. When I have an 8 oz at night, I save the 2oz extra and use it with 6oz of decalf in the morning. Makes me happy and keeps me from reaching for the half & half. Finding it hard to get in 5 servings of protein... every little bit helps, and it keeps me from tossing $.25 / per box down the drain. Kate Z 11 days post op
Hoodsmom
on 6/3/05 12:08 am - MA
good idea i am having surgery on the 8th and i am addicted to coffee. i am not sure i will be able to function without my caffiene fix. did you drink coffee prior to surgery? was it reg. or decaf? please let me know. between giving up my 64 oz. of iced coffee and a few cans of pepsi one, i have a feeling i will be dragging... lorie
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/05 12:51 am - haverhill, MA
I have always been a big coffee drinker. I gave it up shortly before surgery and stayed away from it for about 6 weeks post op. Slowly but surely I have returned to my old coffee drinking ways....the trick is to make sure that you drink all of your non-carbonated, non-caffeinated liquids because caffeine de-hydrates you.
Hoodsmom
on 6/3/05 1:05 am - MA
thanks for the information. it really should be one of my last concerns.LOL i am going through a whole bunch of emotions, last week, i thought i wasn't going to make it through surgery. the week before it was losing my hair that concerned me. this week it is coffee... oh well... i am sure by wed morning (surgery) it will be something else. thanks again for the info. regards, lorie
Kate Z
on 6/5/05 11:10 pm - MA
Dear Lorie, I'm two weeks post op and having very few issues..... Folgers has a "half-caf" that's suprisingly good. I know that caffine is a no-no, but I missed sitting with my hubby and having our morning coffee and chat. One cup versus my old 8 cups a day is sacrifice enough for me. I'm sure everything will go well with your surgery. I'm almost fully healed. It looks like someone attached me with a butter knife, but everything went better than expected. Good Luck!!!
Luann S.
on 6/10/05 1:51 pm - Randolph, MA
I had an awful headache for days after surgery from caffeine withdrawal but I couldn't stomach the thought of coffee for weeks. Try to cut back on caffeine a little each day to try to avoid withdrawal symptoms. I really craved caffeine free tea with lemon post op but am now back to my iced coffee addiction-even though I don't drink as much as I used to I wish I had been able to stay away from it for good! Good luck with surgery. Luann -80 lbs.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 6/3/05 1:33 am - 128 Belt, MA
hi-I still drink coffee in the morning. I am tight in the morning and pritty much that's what I can get down. I use the sugar free/carb select Coffee Mate. 15 cals per tablespoon.--so maybee after a few coffees I 've had 100 calories. For me--a great trade off of 100 calories to remane SANE! Joan
Sally P.
on 6/5/05 5:28 am - Derry, NH
Kate, I feel really stupid asking this but could you tell me what SF CIB is? I am still preop but I am trying to get as much info as I can for my postop dietary adjustments . Thanks for the information. Sally P
Kate Z
on 6/5/05 11:16 pm - MA
Dear Sally, That's OK... SF CIB is "Sugar Free" Carnation Instant Breakfast. This has been my mainstay for the past 3 weeks. You need to get 60 to 70 grams of protein in a day and 5 eight ounce servings of SF CIB has 60 grams for 600 calories. Comes in vanilla, choc, and strawberry shakes. My Nutritianist also quoted something called HMR 70, but I have never been able to find it anyplace. Good Luck!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views