Help me

amykic
on 6/1/05 10:15 am - spencer, MA
Please help me! I have finished the process of all the requirements for the RNY procedure except losing 10% which would be about 30lbs. I have tried soooo hard to do this. I got to about 20lbs. and I just can't do this anymore, I am hungry. I am told that if I can't stick to this then how am I going to do it after surgery. Well that is an easy answer, I will actually feel full and I know I can't eat sugary stuff or I will get sick, now I can eat it without affect. So I think I gained it all back and I just can't get my mind set to start it all again. I wouldn't need the surgery if dieting was easy to me. How did you all do it? I have Fallon insurance and this is thier program and I am not sure if any other hospital program takes this insurance. Does anyone know? Thank you for listening! You wonderful people are the only ones who understand... Love Amy
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/05 11:02 am - haverhill, MA
I know that there are other programs that accept Fallon. I know it is a bit of a travel for you....but have you considered Newton Wellesley hosp or some of the others that are local to you? I am in Northern Mass....so I don't know much about the hosps and docs that are in your area.
HeidiLeigh29
on 6/2/05 12:42 am - Montague, MA
Is this what your insurance requires for approval, or is it the your doctors own requirements?? I know that, depending on your size to start, the doctor may ask that you lose weight prior to surgery to make surgery safer. I was not required to lose weight before surgery and I have the doctors at Baystate Surgical Associates in Springfield, MA. good luck to you, Heidi
Dave_K
on 6/2/05 1:14 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Amy You've come this far with your WLS program and can't give up hope now! The pre-surgery weight loss program serves a few purposes one of which is to thin out a fatty liver since it is often moved during surgery and the thinner the liver, the better. Losing the necessary weight is possible in the short term. Most of us have lost and gained weight over and over all our lives! Here's what helped me lose my pre-surgical weight. I drank lots of water, went on a liquid diet of carnation instant breakfast etc., took a decent vitamin with minerals and my secret ingredient was cod liver oil. From my experience, the fats in cod liver oil decreased my hunger and decreased the tired, dizzy, gnawing hunger effects I usually felt with dieting. I hope this helps and if you try the cod liver oil, please let me know if you experience the same good effects! Best of luck and two thumbs up for trying to better your health! Dave
Jenna B.
on 6/2/05 7:14 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Talk to the Dr. and make sure it's his requirement and not Fallon's. I think 20 lbs is pretty good so maybe if you talk to him he will reconsider? Good luck on this I had my surgery at Saints Memorial In Lowell & they gave us a 10% requirement as well, but their main focus was that the patients started new eating habbits and lost most of the weight requirement. ~Jenna
Barbara F.
on 6/2/05 11:40 pm - Antrim, NH
Amy, Try this, I used this to lose 20 pounds after visiting a healthfast clinic. They use a liquid meal, that's all youcan have, 5 of them of day. So I came up with a meal that's 151 calories, and let myself have more than 5 of these meals a day at first and just cut back eventually to 3 meals a day. For each meal you need two OLE corn tortillas, 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes. I actually took a large (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes, poured it in a bowl and added 1/4 cup chili powder, 7 packages of Splenda and a dash of red pepper. So you put 1/4 cup of cottage cheese on each tortilla, wrap it up enchilada style, then top each one with 1/4 cup of the spiced tomatoes. You heat it in the microwave and can top with shredded lettuce. It has enough of a sweet taste and a spicy taste that it really tastes great, and the whole meal is only 151 calories. When I first started eating this I thought it wouldn't work as I let myself have one meal every time I was hungery and at sometimes ate two meals in a row, but after a very short time it worked. Hope this helps.
emme819
on 6/3/05 8:07 am - Worcester, MA
Amy, the UMass Weight Center program in Worcester takes Fallon, or at least they did a few months ago. I went through there, and it's not the fastest program, but it is incredibly thorough! I didn't have any set amount of weight to lose, they just wanted to see a downward trend, meaning you can't GAIN weight going through the program and you have to lose some. I think I lost a whopping 6 lbs or something. Good luck! Mary Ellen
amykic
on 6/3/05 10:49 am - spencer, MA
Thank you sooooo much everyone!!! This means alot to me! love amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs