I have a surgery date

Jennifer L
on 5/27/05 11:00 am - Boston, MA
I'm so happy. I have a surgery date for LAP RNY. August 22nd can't come quick enough. Any words of advice on what to do the next 12 weeks?
EmbodySuccess
on 5/27/05 11:57 am - Roswell, GA
You asked how best to spend the time between Now and your Surgery Date in August: 1. Shrink the size of your liver to make the laproscopic surgery easier for your doc. How? By cutting out refined carbs BIG TIME, cutting back on animal fat, focus on lean protein sources. 2. Become thoroughly familiar with the post-op program your surgeon prescribes for you. Ask questions about that now. 3. Pick up & read a copy of a powerfully effective book on our behaviors around food: "Your Diet Is Driving Me Crazy." 4. Practice eating the way you will HAVE to eat post-op: slowly chew small bites of your food until it is mush in your mouth BEFORE swallowing! 5. Buy a fashion magazine & tear out pics of all the clothes you have an immediate, positive reaction to - REGARDLESS of whether of not you could afford them, can imagine yourself in them, or any other practical considerations. If you turn the page & your immediate reaction to an image is an appreciative, "WOW!" tear it out. You can put these images in a scrapbook or a shoebox - doesn't matter. When you're approaching your 1st anniversary, review the images - you'll be so close to wearing lovely clothes that reviewing the clips will take on more personal interest. That oughta keep you out of mischief betyween Now and Then! All the best. Lovingly, Lauralyn
Carrie N.
on 5/28/05 9:40 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Jennifer, Congratulations on your surgery date! I have no suggestions, because I am still pre-op, but I just want to wish you the best! Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/05 9:52 am - haverhill, MA
Congrats Jennifer. 12 weeks seems like a long time, but it will be here before you know it.
Jennifer L
on 5/29/05 9:27 am - Boston, MA
Thank you all for the great suggestions and well wishes
Nana Holly
on 5/30/05 8:13 am - Quincy, MA
I would suggest following Lauralyn's advice, but I really just wanted to say congratulations on your surgery date!!! . Unbelieveably enough, the time will fly. My Best Wishes, Holly O.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views