Best of Boston (RNY Surgeon/Hospital)

majorcat
on 5/27/05 7:45 am - Boston, MA
Carrie Actually he hasnt started doing them yet. Since I work there, I know he is currently getting certified to do it but has not started doing them yet, since the certification is a process which requires proctoring for a certain amount of hours. I'm sure they mentioned it at the meeting, because by the time everyone got through the preliminary testing, he may be ready to start them yet. I can clarify with him, but I did the info session this past tuesday and Dr. Vernon confirmed this as a few patients asked about lap RNY with Dr. Robinson. I have been working with Dr. Lautz, and RObinson for the last 4.5 years, so if you have any other questions Iwould be happy to help you. Good luck with your surgery, Im sure Eileen will treat you well. Natalie
Carrie N.
on 5/27/05 8:22 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Natalie, Thank you for the info. I was surprised when they said that at the meeting, because when I had called Dr. Robinson's office before for a consult, they had told me that he does open. I had thought I wanted lap, but changed my mind. I do have a question, though. What is the pre-op appointment for? What do they do?I know you meet with the anesthesiologist (sp?) and a NP and have blood drawn, but is there anything else. What is the blood for? I always have a hard time getting blood drawn, and, to tell you the truth, I get scared of that more than anything. They can never find a vein and always end up going in my hand somewhere. Thanks! Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/05 8:48 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Natalie! Long time no see. I think I might manage to get to a meeting soon....now that work and school have stopped for the summer
Rudie M.
on 5/28/05 1:40 am - Boston, MA
Hey Natalie, Just wanted to say THANKS for giving your 2 cents ... I am SO appreciative to everyone who has been willing to share their stories and opinions ... as a pre-op it gets confusing sometimes and just hearing from others really really helps! -Rudee
kelly927
on 5/27/05 10:02 pm - braintree, MA
Dr. Donald Hess (BMC) Great Bed side Manner I woke up feeling as if I had not had surgery, less pain than previous gallbladder surgery. Great team of people pre-op and post-op nurses. I am alive and breathing 4 days post op!!!! Kelly
Rudie M.
on 5/28/05 1:42 am - Boston, MA
Hi Kelly, thanks for your post ... Wow, 4 days post op. I hope you are doing great ... it sounds like you are! I too had gallbladder surgery (lap) a couple years ago, and it's great to hear that your expeirence was less pain than the GB surg. I hope for the same, because I felt hardly any pain after GB surg (other than the gas pains for 24-48 hrs after). Best wishes for an easy and fast recovery and thanks again for sharing. - Rudee
jpasetto
on 5/30/05 12:35 pm - New Bedford, MA
I chose NEMC because they have some wonderful pre-op. I really needed to learn how to eat and change my behavior. I feel that this is really helping me. Hopefully I will be really successful! I am tentative for surgery first weeks in Sept.! Juli
Rudie M.
on 5/31/05 4:46 am - Boston, MA
Juli, good for you! That's great about a September date, and NEMC has an excellent reputation I hear! Thanks for sharing your 2 cents ... and best wishes for surgery for you in September. - Rudee
jessiem
on 6/1/05 8:51 am - Uxbridge, MA
I have Dr. Gazmuri from Newton Wellesley... He has 2 parteners Dr. Thayer and Dr. Partridge... They are all wonderful.. I would reccommend their program to anyone.
Rudie M.
on 6/1/05 8:14 pm - Boston, MA
Jessie, Dr. Thayer has been a leader in the Boston area WLS circles for a long time, and I have heard good things about Dr. Partridge and Gazmuri as well. Thanks for the recommendation. Best wishes, Rudee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views