Best of Boston (RNY Surgeon/Hospital)

Rudie M.
on 5/25/05 10:48 am - Boston, MA
Just curious ... Who would you nominate for the "best of boston" RNY surgeon in Boston (or surgical team) and why? - Rudee
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/25/05 12:12 pm - 128 Belt, MA
Lots of people choose the different hospitals/surgeons for different reasons: some want surgery sooner than later, some hospitals have legnthly but life changing pre-op programs. Some people use a doctor that a family or friend has choosen, or for not having a required weight preop weight loss. Could be the surgical skills and follow up care or Could even be the location of the hospital. Your profile is incredibly blank--is there something in particular you are seeking to find? Joan F
Rudie M.
on 5/25/05 1:00 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Joan, Sorry, I guess I asked the question badly. I was trying to learn which surgeons are ones people here think most highly of ... which ones people have had a good experience with ... and which ones they might recommend to other people like me who are looking for a surgeon to do RNY. My situation is that I don't personally know anyone who has had WLS, so I was hoping to get a few recommendations. Everyone has different criteria for selecting surgeons, I agree. I'll you that what's most important to me is having a surgeon with a great track record and low complication rates, and also knowing that if a problem did arise post op, I had a surgeon/team who was really responsive and effective at solving problems. Hope the clarification helps. Best wishes, Rudee
Lynn O.
on 5/25/05 2:20 pm - Taunton, MA
I'd highly recommend the staff at St. Elizabeth's. The surgeons are fantastic. They want you checked out from head to toe so that there arent' any surprises. They have a great bedside manner and they make you feel as though you are their only patient. The entire WL team is great to work with. It's almost like one big happy family at St. E's. Good luck, Lynn
Rudie M.
on 5/25/05 10:43 pm - Boston, MA
Lynn, thanks so much for sharing your feedback on St. E's ... sounds like you had a great experience there. - Rudee
Ellen I.
on 5/25/05 9:54 pm - Maynard, MA
I had my RNY surgery on May 11, 2005. I had it done at Emerson Hospital in Concord. Dr. Michael Jiser was my surgeon. I have been thrilled by the results of my surgery and I could not be happier with Dr. Jiser and Emerson. I think Emerson Hospital is by far better than any of the Boston hospitals for such a surgery. Emerson is a small community hospital that has such a dedicated staff. The care was incredible. Emerson is only 1/2 hour from Boston. Hope this helps!
Rudie M.
on 5/25/05 10:45 pm - Boston, MA
Ellen, sounds like you're doing great! Thanks much for the info on Dr. Jiser and Emerson. Rudee
sunneegirl
on 6/1/05 4:07 am - Whitinsville, MA
Dr. Jiser does surgeries in Concord now? Is he not affiliated with Saints Memorial in Lowell anymore?
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 11:14 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Rudee, I had my Open Rny with Dr Robinson at Brigham & Women's. Many people do not like Dr Robinson because of his gruff manner.....but I thought he was wonderful. The staff (P.A's and office staff) are all caring people who are willing to take time to answer questions. The care I received was second to none at Brigham & Womens. I had one small complication and they were quick to diagnose and treat it. I am three years post op and feel that this was the best decision I ever made for myself.
Rudie M.
on 5/26/05 12:09 am - Boston, MA
Kimberly, thanks for your reply! I have heard similar great things about Dr. Robinson. It is wonderful to hear that 3 years post, you are feeling great! Thanks again, Rudee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views