joni
on 5/25/05 1:30 am - brockton, MA
hi i am waiting for my gastric bypass,i am having it done the end of july,i spent the first 40 yrs of my life obese,i want to spend the next 40 + yrs smaller and healthier. my sister in law has her surgery in october and so far has lost 175 lbs,i am so excited,i cant wait for my surgery,if anyone wants to chat or email please feel free i am very happy to talk about what i am going thru.. thanks
Nena
on 5/25/05 3:51 am - Quincy, MA
Hi! I work in Brockton! I started my adventure back in March and have been steadily plodding my way through the bypass protocol at St. Elizabeth's Weight Loss Center. It seems like so very much to go through, but I completely understand it's for our own benefit; and they are the most wonderful group to work with. It's quite obvious that the Staff is very competent and caring, especially Michele the Nurse Manager. Have you noticed that ever since you made your decision, everyone you know can tell you about someone they know that had the surgery? Makes you feel like every other person has had it, and why didn't I do this a long time ago?!? I need to lose some weight and am having a heck of a time doing it, but I'll keep trying. Also need another sleep study...not too happy about it. Where are you at in your adventure?
joni
on 5/25/05 5:53 am - brockton, MA
hi.. i had my first appt.on feb.29 of this year,i have had all of my testing except for the pshch test,they will probley put me in a white rubber room after i take the test and that's okay as long as they do the surgery.. my sister in law had her surgery in oct. and has lost 175 lbs..i cant wait. i joined weigh****chers a week ago saturday and so far i have lost 13 lbs. and you get to eat alot so i feel good about that,if your interested in weigh****chers let me know and i'll tell you what you can eat..they go by points now and the bigger you are the more points you get..i am very happy with the program. can you believe all the people that have had this surgery...it's crazy,why didnt we know about this years ago ?? when i was 35 i had 3 heart attachs and had to have by pass surgery,i have had my share of health problems and i have had enough.i want a new life...i am more than ready..lets keep in touch...when is your surgery
Nena
on 5/27/05 4:12 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Joani & Friends! What a nice group of locals! I feel so fortunate to have found you all. There's a chance that I may have the surgery middle July, which would be totally perfect for me. I'm still working on the weight, but want to continue to try it on my own. I did join the Brockton Y for the Aquatics and started WaterWalking last nite....it was wonderful! Next I want to try the Water Aerobics. Believe me I'm no exercise buff, but this is fun and I think it will help with the weight and additionally tone up some little used muscles (maybe it will help with some of the sagging skin later?) It certainly can't hurt!
joni
on 5/28/05 2:00 am - brockton, MA
hi gerry. thanks for the email..is this not a great site..i love it,wished i found it sooner,everyone has nothing but good things to say to eachother,i'd love to meet these people .. your exercise plan sounds good..keep up the good work !! you said you joined the brockton y,do you live here in brockton,i live close to the y.. hope to talk to you again !! oh yeah who's doing your surgery ??
Nena
on 6/1/05 4:01 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Joani! Yes, I did join the Brockton Y. I work in Brockton so it's easy to get there right after work. If I went home, I'd never go out again. I'm having my surgery at St.E's by Dr Pequex....if I ever lose this weight. Where are you having yours done?
Nana Holly
on 5/25/05 7:06 am - Quincy, MA
Welcome Joni. I am from Quincy and Dr. Hess did my surgery on April 5th of this year. Thus far I have lost an unofficial total of 26 pounds. Dr. Hess is a wonderful surgeon and a wonderful person. He gets so excited as we start to lose weight. I didn't know he operted at Mass General as well. He did my surgery at Boston Medical--unless there are two Dr. Hess's. Is it Donald Hess? I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery!!! Keep posting!!! Holly O.
joni
on 5/26/05 6:27 am - brockton, MA
Hi Holly, I just read your profile and I totally enjoyed it..60 yrs old ??? are you sure your a very young looking 60 i'll tell ya.We do have the same Dr.Hess,I dont really know why I said Mass General because I totally ment Boston Medical !! I have had all my testing done except for the psych testing,I do that next Wednesday.I joined Weigh****chers (it will be 2 weeks this sat) and so far I have lost 15 lbs.I see Wendy next month on the 29th ( I THINK) and they told me that my surgery would be the very end of July.I cant tell you how excited I am and when I get e-mails from people like you I makes it all that much more exciting,you have a great family,I can tell from the pictures,you are very lucky. My family have been nothing but supportive.My husband,Leo,my son John (18 yrs old)and my daughter,Alejandra (4 yrs old) all live in the same house as my brother,his wife,2 of his daughters and 4 of his grandchildren they are 2 sets of twins,Michael & Tommy (11 yrs old) and the other set of twins are Patrick & Nora (9 yrs old) oh yeah and 2 dogs and 5 fish !! YES....12 people in one house,we have our own apartment in the house but we have all of our meals together for the most part,and on Sunday's my other 2 neices who are also twins come over and one of the twins has a 2 yrs old son,my best friend of 35 yrs.and my sister in laws dad come for dinner EVERY SUNDAY my family is so important to me,I want to be around for a long time so this operation will make that happen. When I was 35 I lived in Arizona,lived there 9 yrs and meet my husband,got married,adopted our daughter at birth,she was crack addicted and achole fetal symdrome went thru withdrawel for 5 months but when she was 3 months i had 3 major heart attachs,by pass surgery,I'm also diabetic,then a yr later we moved back to Mass.I missed my family to much and here we are..I dont want to say I'm going to have a new life but I will say I want a longer life !! I would love to hear from you again Holly,I got a very up lifting feeling from your profile..take care joni
Nana Holly
on 5/26/05 8:05 am - Quincy, MA
Well it sounds like your family is wonderful!!! Wish my siblings lived closer. My sister and all her family live in Florida (close to where my mom lives) and my brother and his family live in Montana. I give you kudos for adopting a child with such health risks, but it sounds like she is doing fine now!!! God love you!! I don't know if you noticed, but my daughter is adopted as well. She joined us from Seoul, Korea when she was four months old. On the top of the list as one of the best things we ever did!! Sounds like you have had your share of illnesses!!! But, now for the good news...you will start getting healthier and healthier. Let me say, you will just love Dr. Hess. He is so dedicated to his patients and such a lovely man (don't tell him I said that!!). We have support group meetings at the Quincy Medical Center (where Dr. Hess has an office as well) on the second Monday of every month. We would love to have you join us next month. There are a lot of post-op's who have wonderful things to share and to answer any questions you may have. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Holly O.
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 9:25 am - haverhill, MA
I had my gastric bypass at age 39. It was the best decision I ever made for myself. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views