Newcomer

Sandra F.
on 5/25/05 12:24 am - Norton, MA
Hi, My name is Sandy. Iam scheduled to have a Lap RNY on 6/15. I was pretty calm up until now. I am an uncontrolled diabetic with multiple comorbidities. I know that this will greatly improve my health and am so looking forward to losing weight, being able to play with my grandchildren and living a happier life. My family, though supportive are very anxious about the risks involved. I would like to hear from anyone but most particularly anyone who has diabetes and has benefited from this wls.
Caeli B.
on 5/25/05 12:45 am - Boston, MA
Welcome! I had a different type of surgery (lap band) but my blood sugar levels have normalized since surgery and I am overall in much better health. Wishing you the best of luck, Caeli
Linda D.
on 5/25/05 2:17 am - Walpole, MA
Hi Sandy, best of luck on your surgery. I had my surgery on 4/18. Pre-surgery I was taking Glucophage, Actos, and Glipizide. The day I went home, they took me off everything but the Glucophage. My sugars have been anywhere from 110-140, which is low for me. My PCP will review my records next month and adjust meds if needed. I also have high blood pressure for which I took HCTZ and Lisinopril. I had horrible dizzy spells and my blood pressure dropped to 90/69, so my PCP cut them both in half. That still didn't work, so now I take only half the HCTZ. So, it works!!! You will feel and look better in no time!
joni
on 5/25/05 6:26 am - brockton, MA
hi sandy, first of all you are doing a great thing for yourself, i too am diabetic and i am also waiting for my surgery (end of july) i have talked to so many doctors as well as patients that have already had the surgery and are no longer diabetic's can you believe that...they day they went home they stopped insulin and just took advandia until they went to their pcc and once they had a blood test they we able to come off advandia.. by the way i am from sandy i lived in norton for 19 yrs and went toschool there,i'm 39 maybe we know each other ?? good luck to you and keep in touch,i love hearing these stories i am so glad i got this web site think happy thoughts joni
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/05 7:55 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Sandy I was on the verge of being diagnosed with Type II diabetes right before my surgery. Now it is normal. My overall health has improved greatly with this surgery. Good luck
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/25/05 8:42 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Sandra, I think you have a made a life-saving decision to have surgery.Around 6 mos ago there were lots of newspaper and tv news articles about diabetes and weight loss surgery and how successful the surgeries were. You could proberly Google it and find the articles to further support your decision. Best of luck to you in the upcoming months! Joan F
jamaicanbombshell
on 5/26/05 2:19 am - Boston, MA
Welcome.
lmt516
on 5/26/05 8:18 am - Brant Rock, MA
Welcome & Good Luck- you will do great!
Christine W.
on 6/1/05 2:18 am - Pawtucket, RI
Sandy, I had my surgery a year ago March 1st....I had diabetes, high blood pressure & high cholesterol. All gone!!! I don't take any medications at all anymore...you're doing the right thing.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views