Did I just dump?

Linda D.
on 5/23/05 3:32 am - Walpole, MA
I had regular mayo with my turkey for lunch, and I knew I was eating too much. Sure enough, about 10-15 minutes later, I got very dizzy, light-headed and sweaty, and I barfed. Just bile, but barf nonetheless. That's it for me and regular mayo!! I've had it before with no reaction, but I knew I was eating too much of it. Linda
Nana Holly
on 5/23/05 12:48 pm - Quincy, MA
Sorry to hear about the dumping. It probably was just that you ate more than you should have. Give it awhile, and then try it again. Try the Hellman's Reduced Fat mayo. I find that really good. I haven't had the pleasure yet of dumping, but I am sure I will. Later, Holly O.
lmt516
on 5/23/05 10:48 pm - Brant Rock, MA
I would say YEP. Mayo is tough so much fat & oil. I cannot touch that or butter or Ranch dressing, 3 of my big downfalls. I have found flavored olive oils are much better and in small doses are fine. It does get better with time, 6 months out and I can now add some things that made me "dump" earlier back in. Good Luck!
EmbodySuccess
on 5/24/05 3:19 pm - Roswell, GA
Dear Linda, So you're about 5 weeks post-op? CONGRATS!! Did your surgeon/ program go over HOW we're supposed to eat, in addition to WHAT we're supposed to eat? The idea is to take smallllll bites and CHEW each bite until it is puree'd in your mouth before swallowing it. And, yup - you guessed it, eating mayo by the forkfull will make you barf! Use the next 11 months to transform your emotions, behaviors & attitudes toward food, eating, exercise, body image & the future life you want to live. That way, as your body shrinks down to a normal size, you'll be prepared to adjust to it. All the best! Lovingly, Lauralyn RNY 2/13/03 @ size 3X Today @ size 8. Visit my website: www.embodysuccess.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views