I GOT A DATE!

Carrie N.
on 5/20/05 11:26 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Well, I had my consult with the surgeon today, and after waiting over 3 hours to see him (complication in OR with surgery), I got a date of August 2! I am so excited. Glad I did not leave and reschedule!
Linda D.
on 5/21/05 1:00 am - Walpole, MA
Hi Carrie. First off - Congrats on your surgery date!! A whole new wolrld is about to open up for you. It won't be easy, especially the first couple of months, but it is well worth it. I read your profile and you seem like a gentle, caring person. I too have diabetes. I was on Glucophage, actos and Glipizide pre-surgery, and am on just the Glucophage now until I see my PCP next month. Best of luck on your journey. Linda 240/212/???
Carrie N.
on 5/21/05 1:17 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Thanks Linda, I am excited and very ready. I am taking 3 months off work. It will be nice to have some time with my kids as school starts. My little guy is starting kindegarten, and this is an exciting time. Congratulations and best wishes to you as well! Carrie
Nana Holly
on 5/21/05 2:25 am - Quincy, MA
Congratulatons Carrie on your surgery date!!! How exciting it must have been to get it so unexpectedly . I love your picture!!! Your gentleness and happiness shine through!!! I wish you nothing but wonderful luck on your surgery and recovery and please know that my prayers and thoughts will be with you. Holly O. Lap RNY 4/5/05 240/218/wanna be 135
Carrie N.
on 5/21/05 8:58 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Holly, Thank you so much! I am way excited. I worked hard with my PCP here top get everything they might need, and the surgeon was wonderful, and very encouraging. If you are looking for me next summer, you can find me in Sports Illustrated, as I plan on becoming a swimsuit model. LOL. Congratulations on your success and best wishes to you as well. Carrie
Nana Holly
on 5/21/05 9:48 am - Quincy, MA
Oh, Sports Illustrated huh? We will definitely see each other then because I will be on the cover!!! hee hee... Holly O.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/05 6:33 am - haverhill, MA
Congratulations Carrie. Good luck
Carrie N.
on 5/21/05 8:59 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
Thanks Kimberly! I am so excited!
Jennifer L
on 5/21/05 11:04 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Carrie - Congratulations. I have my first consult with Dr. Lautz this Thursday. Was August 2 the first surgery date they had available?
Carrie N.
on 5/21/05 11:55 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
Jennifer, Unfortunately, August 2 was the first date available. I think his assistant said he was on vacation in July. I would've liked something sooner, but the more I think about it, August is good. Both my daughter and I have birthdays in July, so we will be able to go out, and my son is starting kindegarten in September, so it will be nice to be out of work and be able to send him off. Good luck to you at your consult! Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views