New to the group.

Zita A.
on 5/18/05 12:04 pm - Wakefield, MA
My surgury is booked for 5/25/05 RNY. Anesthesia pre op today. See the Dr. Tomorrow. Anxious although scared. Does any one have any tips how to get through the 1st phase?
Nana Holly
on 5/18/05 12:26 pm - Quincy, MA
I am not sure what you mean by the 1st phase, but if it means right after your surgery I can help a little. Your doctor and/or dietition has probably given you a list of things to purchase to have when you get home from the hospital. I bought Flintstone Complete chewable vitamins; Calcium Citrate chewable calcium pills; liquid tylenol; Gas-X; Protein power (there are a lot out there and I recommend the Unjury which comes in chocolate and vanilla which you can order on unjury.com) and they deliver in two days. I also bought suger free jello, sugar free, low fat yogurt, and sugar free popcicles, and chicken broth. I also made sure I had some containers to shake the protein powder and Carb Countdown milk into. I think, that's it. I broght listerine strips to the hospital with me for the first day or two when your mouth tastes awful and is very dry. Also some chap stick. I wish you good luck on your journey and will save you a seat on the loser's bench (there's plenty of room). My prayers and thoughts will be with you. (((Hugs))) Holly O. Lap RNY 4/5/05 240/218/wanna be 135
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/05 11:41 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Zita, I just wanted to wish you luck. You will get through it one step at a time.
Zita A.
on 5/19/05 7:20 am - Wakefield, MA
Thank You. One step at a time.
Dave_K
on 5/19/05 6:54 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi Zita It will all be over before you know it! It is a scary time right before surgery. There are risks and uncertainties and maybe even the fear of failure since most of us have failed time and again trying to lose weight. We've all felt your anxiety! The anxiety doesn't go away but you can take comfort if you re-assure yourself that WLS is crucial to recovering your health and improving your life overall. Reading this forum and attending support groups are good ways to see that many of us have made it through the WLS process successfully and are thrilled with the results. Sure, you will have some pain, discomfort and maybe even a complication from surgery but in the end, over time, these become distant memories while you enjoy the new life WLS gave you. It is a blessing! Warmest regards, Dave 318/195/180
Zita A.
on 5/19/05 7:18 am - Wakefield, MA
Dave, Thanks so much for the encouragement. I will keep reading this forum for support. Anxious for the day WLS so I can start my journey to better health and wellbeing. Thanks again Zita
emme819
on 5/22/05 1:25 pm - Worcester, MA
Zita, I found the couple of weeks leading up to my surgery to be the most anxiety provoking. All that waiting! I didn't find the surgery itself to be that difficult. I forced myself to get up and walking in the recovery room, and probably drove the nurses a bit crazy walking around there all night. I had to stay in recovery because of sleep apnea, but I remember before the surgery people kept telling me to walk as much as possible in the hospital, so everytime I woke up that night I'd buzz the nurses to get up and walk. Kind of hard to do hooked up to everything with the catheter in and all, but the surgery went well for me so maybe that helped. I hope it goes as well for you, and you make it home fast and doing great! Good luck to you! Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views