have not lost a pound in over 3 weeks

mimisue6
on 5/12/05 9:52 pm - Bluffton, SC
My surgery was 3-21-05 I lost 15lbs in two weeks then another 15lbs in about 3 weeks and have not dropped another pound. My surg bmi was only 37 and I realize that is not a major high but still unhealthy. Why Why am I not loosing any more wt. I could scream Please Help.. so discouraging
Stella E.
on 5/13/05 9:38 am - Melrose, MA
Hey, stop being so hard on yourself! First congratulate yourself on losing 30# that isnt going to come back! typical weight loss is around 8-20# per month, but it could be for a number of reasons. Did you take measurements before surgery. Sometimes the scale wont budge but the inches do..Also, look at your food records, any hidden calories at this stage? What about exercise, have you started up yet just doing walking? think about how you lost weight before surgery. Did you lose then plateau then start to lose again? Chances are you will lose weight the same way, except you can just give up this time when you plateau. I would also suggest backing off the scale. Pick one day, weigh yourself only on that day. otherwise, you become insanely attached to an inanimate object... Take care Stellabella
Jan B
on 5/14/05 1:12 am - Rehoboth, MA
I also had surgery on 3-21-05. I am down only 26 pounds at this point. My Bmi was 43 to start. I seem to be lossing only 1 pound a week now. Iam also discourged. I started back at Curves this week so maybe that will help. Jan B
emme819
on 5/14/05 11:20 am - Worcester, MA
My surgery was 3/16, and I started at a BMI of 44. I've lost a bit more than you, but have not lost anything in over 4 weeks! I never expected to have a stall this early. I was at the UMass post op support group on Wednesday, though, and brought this up. Several people there said they hit a stall right about 8 weeks out, and that it starts up again. The theory is that your body is kind of shellshocked from the surgery and quick weight loss, and is trying to hang onto every pound it can. I try not to stress about it, and don't really weigh myself because I don't want to obsess. I know about this stall really only because I joined a gym a couple weeks ago and weighed myself out of curiosity. I was shocked to have not lost a thing in spite of all this exercise! Still, though, I figure if I follow the eating plan, get in my vitamins, water and protein, and get a lot of exercise the weight WILL come off. It's just going to come off in its own sweet time. Good luck to you, and I hope it starts coming off again for you quickly! Take care. Mary Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views