Finally!!

Deb T.
on 5/10/05 2:15 am - Western Mass, MA
I started this whole process last July. Had all my pre-op appointments, package was sent into BC/BS of Illinois. Within a week I had a reply. They rejected the coverage! On March 29th, I over night mailed additional paper work along with an appeal letter. I called them every Wednesday and Friday, each time they told me there was no decision. I finally talked to a very special customer service rep named Celeste who went out of her way to help me. She asked me when I had received my letter from BC/BS stating they had received the additional paperwork? I replied "I have not received such a letter." After two days of her searching, she personally called me and said it had been scanned into the computer system, but the original paper work was no where to be found. I had to resend the paperwork, and then she offered to hand deliver it to the appeal clerk and asked her to put in at the head of all the others. Is she a God send or what? She personally called me this morning at 11:15 and told me my appeal had been approved. Yahoo!!!! Now I just have to wait for a date. I never thought I would get the approval call. I have not stopped crying!!!! So...........for those of you that are discouraged........just keep being persistant and keep praying. It worked for me. Thanks for listening...... ~Deb
Nana Holly
on 5/10/05 5:30 am - Quincy, MA
Deb, Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you. Keep us posted as to when you get a surgery date. Holly O.
Deb T.
on 5/10/05 5:42 am - Western Mass, MA
Thanks for the support Holly!!! I'm so excited I can't sit still. I'm driving my co-workers nuts. Now the waiting begins for a date. Pray that it will be quick. Thanks again, ~Deb T.
DOMENICA J.
on 5/10/05 12:10 pm - SO DEERFIELD, MA
Deb, I am so happy for YOU!!! Its nice to know there is still good customer service out there. You'll have to callback & let her boss know how Celeste went above & beyond the call of duty!! I am in the process just waiting on my last psych visit & then I can submit for approval from Health New England. I've been told they usually approve quickly. I hope to meet you on the other side.....The losing side of course! Congrats. Take really good care, Domenica
Deb T.
on 5/10/05 10:50 pm - Western Mass, MA
Good Morning Domenica!! You are in South Deerfield?? I am just up the road in Greenfield!!! How cool is that?? Thanks for the support and encouragement. I actually sent her flowers yesterday. She really did alot for me. I told her I could never thank her enough for all she did. Good luck to you on your journey. If you're passing through Greenfeld, stop at Town Hall in the Town Clerk's office and say hello, I'd love to meet you! ~Deb
DOMENICA J.
on 5/10/05 11:38 pm - SO DEERFIELD, MA
Yes I am I am in South Deerfield. I am in Greenfield at least once a week shopping BJ's, Greenfield Farmers coop, CVS & such. I will stop by some day......Where about is the Townhall??? I have just moved within the past 2 years from Hamden county to Franklin county.....So I'm not too familiar with the municipal bldg locations yet. Do you go to support group meetings? Wherewill your surgery be? Mine is Baystate & I attend support group meetings at the Best Western in W.Spfld. Congrats again! Domenica
Monica B.
on 5/11/05 1:45 am - Emery, SD
Deb, I am so happy for you. I have BC/BS Federal program and I was approved on the first try. I had Dr.Faillo at the Pioneer Valley Surgical group in Springfield, MA. I also have the providers at the Mercy Medical Center Comprehensive Weight Management Group. I have had a wonderful journey, my surgery was on 12/06/04 and I have lost 80 pounds. I am doing wonderfully. Very happy with my decision to take back my life. Good luck Monica 330/250/1??..............healthier 12/06/04
~*Ellen H.
on 5/11/05 1:14 pm - Western, MA
Wow Monica....80 pounds already!!!! I can only hope I do as well as you have! Insurance can be a pain, I am so glad that part is done for me...I also have gone through CWMP and I LOVE them!! I would totally recommend them to anyone who is starting this journy. Ellen
~*Ellen H.
on 5/11/05 1:14 pm - Western, MA
Wow Monica....80 pounds already!!!! I can only hope I do as well as you have! Insurance can be a pain, I am so glad that part is done for me...I also have gone through CWMP and I LOVE them!! I would totally recommend them to anyone who is starting this journy. Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views