When friends don't recognize you?

lmt516
on 5/4/05 1:17 am - Brant Rock, MA
I have some very good friends in FL. I haven't seen them since last November pre-surgery, we vacationed together just days before my surgery as a matter of fact. I was meeting them at ESPN one evening, my son had already joined them. As I was walking up my son said "here she comes." When my friends kept saying "Where?". Almost up until I was in front of them. I was then asked where the other half of me went! I filled up with tears, I was so happy. What a wonderful feeling, I know I was looking better but boy you never really know how much until that happens. I can't wait to see my friends from CA this July, hopefull I wil be down another 20 or so. That will be so sweet. I also added it up and in another 49lbs, it will be half of me gone
Luann S.
on 5/4/05 8:25 am - Randolph, MA
Doesn't that feel great!??? I was at a conference today with some people that I hadn't seen since before the surgery and I had identify myself to 3 people! It's funny because now, 80lbs down people are starting to say " you look great but are you feeling all right? I guess people who don't know about the surgery are afraid I am melting from some health problem! My youngest son didn't recognize me in the grocery store one day, he went to get something in another aisle and couldn't find me when he came back! Enjoy! Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views