MGH $925 fee!!!

majorcat
on 4/30/05 9:40 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Sally! I have to chime in along with Luann. I am a healthcare provider who works with a couple of the bariatric programs in Boston and have worked with this group, whom I love to work with dearly for the last four years. I must say that when I worked 40 hours exclusively (I now do part time because of my two year old) I had at least 1 hour or more worth of phone messages to return, plus emails, plus the support group preparation time. RNY and Banders tend to need individual attention and advice since everyone is so different. The MDs want to give me the time to call back patients and help them but the insurance companies definately do not consider a follow up phone call something they would cover. I have (and Im sure some of my patients will chime in) answered emails and phone calls from home, etc. All of the Boston programs I know of give excellent pre op and post op care and opportunities and great care sometimes doesnt come with excellent reimbursement because other programs sometimes give only the bare bones. I also know that many insurance companies will not cover the classes offered before hand and the support groups afterward, which are essential to success in some cases. It is so unfortunate that this occurs but my advice would be to get all you can out of everything you are paying for! It is definately worth it in the end! even if the information may be repetitive from what you have known, think about it in a different context, your "new" post op life! Take care and Best wishes for your Journey. the MGH program is great! Natalie
Monica B.
on 5/2/05 5:43 am - Emery, SD
Wow, reading this post and the messages is quite an eye opener for me. I have paid only $100 (co-pay for hospital) out of pocket for my pre-op, surgery, post-op, support group meetings and follow up appointments. I have federal BCBS and ChampVA for insurance. I am very lucky. Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views