Monica's hair loss journey

Monica B.
on 4/23/05 2:07 am - Emery, SD
I went to the hair dressers this morning. She examined my head, hair, and scalp and proclaimed that yes I have lost lots of hair, but new hair is coming on in all over. Hurrah. I took Nancy Gal's advice from one of her postings and got my hair cut about 6 weeks ago. So much hair was coming out each day, that I thougth a much shorter cut would releave the pressure on the hair folicles. That did work. My hair is short and layered, curly and fun. I have enjoyed its length and style for the last 6 weeks. Today we cleaned it up and revived it a little shorter. My hair dresser Lynn said that there is much new growth and I should be stop worrying about the loss. I explained to her that I do not wa**** every day. I do not bru**** either, just style it with my fingers. She suggested that I massage my scalp once a week to promote folicle growth. I also told her that I am giving myself an olive oil creme hair mask each week. This adds such mositure to my gray,coarse hair. Lovely. So I had to share my good news and let others know that there is life after hair loss from the WLS. WE are all wonderful. Happy women, Monica 12/06/04 330/268/1?? See you all in New Jersey......we will have such fun.
Luann S.
on 4/24/05 2:11 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Monica, Yes, that has been my experience also. I found two things that seemed to turn the loss around: Changing to an adult chewable vitamin that contains biotin and using a line of B&B salon products for thinning hair called Density. It involves a serum to massage into the scalp after each wash and it really did seem to make a difference. I think it is important to have a good hairdresser who you trust as you go through this little "side effect"! You hair looks great in your picture! Keep up the good work! Luann
KikiK
on 4/30/05 1:29 pm - Boston, MA
Hi! I am suffering from hairloss. Where did you get the olive oil creme from?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views