Two weeks out and down 15 pounds!

denise W.
on 4/23/05 9:11 am - methuen, MA
Hey Holly, congratulations!!! You are such a trooper in every way. Best of luck to you. It is so nice to see how well you are doing. I'm on the agenda for May 24th for the band. Seems like it's coming real soon. Getting a little nervous. Well keep up the good work! hugs to you Denise
Nana Holly
on 4/24/05 4:01 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Abby (I love your name), Thanks for the support!! To answer your question of how I am feeling 2 weeks out, I feel wonderful!!! I really do. It is amazing. My incisions are all healing nicely, I have no pain at all, I never was horribly exhausted even from the beginning. I would get up and although the first week did not do a lot of moving about, I didn't feel the need for naps much at all. After the first week, I felt even better. I keep thinking I could go back to work, but a couple of friends who have had the surgery tell me to wait until 5 weeks is up because I really would get exhausted and ruin all my good health. Who am I to fight not working? I am now on the soft food stage and loving it so far. I have had no problems with not being able to tolerate anything I have had so far. I have had egg beaters with 2? cheddar cheese (yummy), Boca Burgers, cottage cheese, deli ham, deli turkey, and kraft 2% cheese sticks. So9 far so good. Going to try tuna salad next. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your surgery on the 10th and will send you postivie vibes for as easy a time of it as I have had. You will be awesome!!! . I will be sending prayers and thoughts your way on the 10th!! (((Hugs))) Holly O.
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/05 1:50 am - somewhere, MA
Nicely done Holly. That sounds like a pretty tasty meal. I am a big string cheese fan myself. Have you tried any protein shakes and if so, which ones. My date is 5/4 and I have a couple that I need to stock up on, but would like some other options. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Nana Holly
on 4/24/05 4:07 am - Quincy, MA
My favorite protein shake so far is the Proplete Gold. I have had the chocolate, the Berry Blast and Banana Chip. I ordered them online at bodybuilding.com. So far their price is the best that I have seen and they get to my house within two days of ordering. I like the Proplete as well because each scoop has 20 grams of protein. Also a great thing to try is the Syntax nectars. They are a fruit juice protein (they look a little murkey but are very tasty and 23 grams of protein in 8 ounces of water. You can mix them with crystal lite as well. I love the ice tea and the fuzzy navel, but just received a care package from my sister with roadside lemonade and strawberry kiwi. Will let you know about those after I taste them. Wow, 5/4 is coming up in no time. I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery!!! Thanks for your words of support. Holly O.
mimisue6
on 4/24/05 6:57 am - Bluffton, SC
Hi Holly, wow you are doing great. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and lost 27 but have not lost even a lb this week. I see my nutritionist tues but gee no one told me to eat 6 little meals a day That sounds great. I will ask her about that tomorrow Suzanne
Nana Holly
on 4/24/05 7:50 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Suzanne, Thanks!!! Wow 27 pounds!!! Good for you. The six meals a day are really good, however, sometimes I have the full 3 ounces depending on what it is. When I have egg beaters (1/4 cup+2oz.) plus one ounce of Kraft Crackerbarrel cheese stick melted into it, I can eat the whole thing no problem, but if I have tuna it's about all I can do to eat 1.5 ounces (maybe because it's not my favorite thing). Good luck with your appointment tommorrow. Keep me posted on what she says. Holly O.
MAURA F.
on 4/25/05 8:08 am - WEST ROXBURY, MA
Great Job Holly! Thanks for all the valuable info. I cant wait to have surgery !!! Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK !!!!!!!!!
Kim P
on 4/29/05 5:12 am - Metro West, MA
You GO, girl! Glad you're feeling so great - it gives me hope!
Nana Holly
on 4/29/05 6:43 am - Quincy, MA
Thanks Kim!!! Hopefully you will have the same experience that I have. Thus far I have had no problems with any foods I have tried (I am on soft foods) and am thrilled I can eat eggs, egg beaters, chicken, tuna , etc. with no problems (as long as I eat slowly). It is kind of scary (sp?) because it has definitely been very easy for me. Hope your time goes fast for you!!! Holly O. Lap RNY 4/5/05 240/222/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views