WORK

amykic
on 4/13/05 5:58 am - spencer, MA
I was just wondering for all that has had the RNY laparascopic, how long was it before you went back to work?
Luann S.
on 4/13/05 1:23 pm - Randolph, MA
I was out of work for 8 weeks. I caution people about being too rushed to return quickly. Although the outside incisions heal pretty quickly, barring complications, the insides are still healing. It takes a minimum of 6 weeks for any tissue to recover from surgery. I had a wound infection that kept things open for 6 weeks, extreme tiredness and prolonged episodes of vomiting. Your stomach is still healing, somewhat swollen. Give yourself time. I do not have a very active job, but I had to go back full time when I went back, so I made sure I was ready to return. This is a very serious surgery and we all want to think "complications won't happen to me!" but it best to be prepared for longer and return sooner if up to it. Good luck! Despite these annoying complications, I am thrilled with the results and would do it over again without question! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -76 lbs
DJJCHARRIS
on 4/14/05 2:59 am - Winchendon, MA
It really depends on your job. You are not allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds for 6 weeks minimum. I have a desk job I came back after 2 weeks. However, I did come back 1/2 days to start - I needed that noon time nap. Total healing internally takes 6 months. So even if you return to work you still have to take it easy. Best of wishes. Dawn -119
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views