Feedback?

Husto W.
on 4/9/05 2:57 am - South Orleans, MA
Had RNY Lap 7:30am w/Dr. Jones @ BID Tues 4/5. Discharged Thurs 11:30am... feel pretty good! I expected to have alot more pain! Still feel weak-I guess that's to be expected. Does it take a full two weeks to get back to semi-normal? Any way to spice up the shakes? I wonder how many people do the support group thing...I haven't yet but am thinking it might really help. Thanks for any input. Husto
emme819
on 4/9/05 6:27 am - Worcester, MA
Hi, Husto, welcome to the losing side! I don't have any great tips on spicing up the shakes. Mostly I drank CIB for the first 3 weeks, but had an occasional protein shake to break the monotony. CIB is terrific warm if you're drinking CIB also. I had my surgery on 3/16, and it was a good 2 weeks for the really awful fatigue started to dissipate. I still get tired more quickly than I used to, but I'm almost back to where I was. I think the support groups are a terrific idea, and I'll be going to my first one as a post-op this Wednesday. Good luck to you! Mary Ellen
denise W.
on 4/9/05 12:33 pm - methuen, MA
Hi Husto, I am so glad to hear your surgery went well. Were you happy with Dr. Jones? I am having lap band surgery on May 24th and he is doing it. If you had the time I would love to hear about your ordeal. As far as the group meetings, I have been to four of them and just love them. You meet so many nice people, some who have had the surgery and some who are in the process. It is very interesting and you can get a lot of questions answered either by the doctor that is there or by one of the people who go. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Denise
Nana Holly
on 4/9/05 1:31 pm - Quincy, MA
Hi Husto! Congratulations on your sucessful surgery. I had my Lap RNY done on Tuesday, April 5th and came home on Friday. I also feel pretty good and have little pain. I know that Dame Tooter has a plethera of good shake recipes on her profile. There are also some good ideas on bariatriceating.com. I see you are from Sough Orleans. We have a summer cottage in Eastham and will start going down there this month. We just love it there and I am in Orleans all the time. Is there a support group on the Cape? There is a support group in Quincy at Quincy Medical Center. If you want more info just send me an email. I wish you lots of luck!!! Holly O.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views