Dreaded Dumping

debbie3855
on 4/8/05 6:57 am - Havehill, MA
Well I had my first experiance with the "dreaded dumping" last nite. I had mashed potates and just put some gravy on them not thinking. And when I had them at work last nite....well let me tell you the hours between 12 and 1:30 are a total blur. Thank God I work alone and could just be miserable alone. Moral to the story.....Pay attention to what goes in my tummy......NO GRAVY!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/05 11:34 am - haverhill, MA
Nothing like a dumping episode to make you watch out what goes in! Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope you are feeling better.
Nana Holly
on 4/9/05 12:18 am - Quincy, MA
Thank you for a leaning experience. I am not at that point yet, but I guess I will not have mashed potatoes with gravy. Hope you are all fine now. Holly O. Lap RNY 4/5/05 243/???
Luann S.
on 4/9/05 3:09 am - Randolph, MA
Hey Holly! Glad you are home from the hospital. I think dumping is a very individual thing. I had a horrible dumping episode on Easter from a single tiny jelly bean!!!!! Now, I can eat a few mouthfulls of ice cream, chocolate or cake without frosting, mashed potatoes, but anything that is pure sugar without enough fat or protien and look out!!!!! Unfortunately, I think we learn what sets this off for us by trial and error, but following the guidelines and thinking about what we are putting in our mouths can help avoid the awful discomfort! I popped that jelly bean into my mouth because my son offered it to me and I didn't even think! Believe me once something makes you dump, you won't be eating it again! Luann LapRNY 9/14/05 -76 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views