BCBS OF MASS/PPO

Polly T.
on 4/3/05 4:26 am - Murphysboro,, IL
Does anyone know how long it takes them to response for approval.The doctors office just received my paperwork on Thursday.I was just curious is to when I should start calling doctor or insurance co.. Thanks-I hope I get approved. Polly T
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 4/3/05 7:01 am - 128 Belt, MA
I believe the Surgeon's fax in the info and BC BC Ma responds within 48 hours. I was a pest--and I kept calling to see if the paperwork was submitted or not. YOu can call the 800 # on the card. Good Luck--I'm sure it will go through just fine. Joan f.
Luann S.
on 4/3/05 7:26 am - Randolph, MA
I had BCBS Master Health Plus when I had my surgery. I had an answer within a week, my date and informed of the approval by phone by the surgeon's office a couple of days before I got the letter. BCBS customer service is great and can let you know where things stand with the paperwork, when it expected to be reviewed etc. Good luck! Luann Lap RNY 9/14/04
Lynn O.
on 4/3/05 12:58 pm - Taunton, MA
Hi Polly, It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get approval. I didn't contact the insurance company at all, I left that up to the Dr.'s office. Good luck~ Lynn
Monica B.
on 4/4/05 5:36 am - Emery, SD
Hi Polly, I have Fed BCBS and live in Mass. I let my surgeons office handle all the insurance paperwork and received approval in about 10 days. BCBS did a wonderful job paying for everything. I met with a representative here after my surgery to let them know just how wonderful this surgery has been for my life and health. I think everyone should contact their insurance companies and let them know that without this surgery their lives would continue on the same path of obesity and severe co-moribidities. I am one happy women Moncia 12/06/04 333/0268/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views