Im new here and only 8 days to go

DawnJ
on 3/30/05 8:19 am - Easthampton, MA
Hi all My name is Dawn I am from colrain ma. I am a patient of Dr Jay Kuhn at baystate medical center. My surgery is next thursday april 7th. I have soooooo many things I want to ask..... please bear with me...... I saw some post about peoples angels what is that? I am generaly healthy except for the weight I have a Young son ( he just turned 3 two weeks ago) and I really would like to know some of the complications that some of you all have had. everyone that i know that has had the surgery has had no complications. I guess I am really scared but I am really excited and I cant wait. I know this will be the start of a whole new life for me, and my family. I dont know how I am gonna make it through this week I just really want this week to fly by. thank you for listening to me babble!!!! I hope this is the start of a long friendship!!!! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/05 9:06 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Dawn! Wow...your date is coming up quickly. I just wanted to wish you well with your surgery and recovery.
denise W.
on 3/30/05 10:29 am - methuen, MA
Hi Dawn, congratulations that is great! I just got my surgery date today, I am having it on My 24th at bidmc. I am having the band, which one are you going to have? I have talked to many people who have had the band and know several people who have had the gastric bypass, and none of them had any complications. I was talking to one person who had bypass, and she said in five days she was actually cleaning out her cabinets! I am sure with any kind of surgery there can be complications, but the way I feel is that my weight is already causing me serious complications and will continue to do so unless I do something about it. I have to have trust in my surgeon, and leave the rest in God's hands. My fear is the anesthesia, the not waking up from it thing? but I once again have faith in the anesthesiologists at my hospital. I wish you the very best of luck, I am sure you will do just great. Just think, maybe nest summer you will be in a bikini lol. Please email me anytime, I love to talk to people who are going through the same thing. Sincerely, Denise
DJJCHARRIS
on 3/31/05 1:47 am - Winchendon, MA
I wish you all the best for a quick recovery. I myself had no complications. Just the enjoyment of melting away and feeling great. Good luck you will do fine. Dawn -119
Nana Holly
on 4/1/05 5:52 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Dawn, I want to wish you the best of luck with your surgery and recovery. The time flies by very fast believe it or not, I can't believe my surgery is in four days. Think positively and all will be well. My very best, Holly O. Lap RNY 4/5/05
Linda D.
on 4/1/05 8:21 am - Walpole, MA
Good luck Dawn. I'll be thinking of you.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 4/2/05 10:42 am - 128 Belt, MA
Best of luck for your surgery. I'm sure you will do fine. Put your nervous energy into preparing for a wonderful future! Joan F.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views